Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Should the next protagonist be a female?

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

mark973

Well I'm sure something like that would definitely mi things up and I'm all for change. With that said, I don't know if Rockstar would actually go through with that. I think the protagonists as they are, are awesome.

Trevorwilson

I don't think Rockstar will consider doing this, as it would definitely change the gameplay style and apparently they want to create new, modern games, but keeping the old, classic gameplay of GTA. It'd be a lot of fun to see this though. Maybe in the future we'll be able to replace the character(s) using some skins :). However, even if I might try this, I think I'll stick to the original characters.

Rohan99

I have never really thought about playing GTA with a female character. I don't think the developers should change the main character to a female because the story line and context of the game is well suited for a man. Most people who play the game are males and I don't think so many people will play if there is just a female title character. Gta is about the raw violence and story and I don't see how a woman can effectively bring that across.

teabwoi

That is the same thing that I was thinking I was saying Rohan99 that most of the people that play GTA are men and I don't think that there are too many woman that play the game and to add a female might just turn away the male fan base unless they can find some way to make her a part of the game in a way that does not take away from the story.

Swagawa

I'd like to see them do what Saints Row did, where you can completely make your own character, male or female, and from there the story would revolve around them. It could have been exactly how GTA V was, but for instance, if you chose your character's personality as crazy, you would control Trevor's story line, but with the same supporting characters, or if you chose laid back/ambitious, you'd be Franklin.
There's just something really great about playing with a character you fully designed. That's why I love sports games.

iroyv

I'd like to see the inclusion of more female characters -- it would be an interesting new perspective. Personally though, I don't care about the gender of the protagonist as long as they're somewhat interesting.

wright420

I'm not really sure, it would bring a new asspect to the game but I feel everyone is so used to the typical male role.

Livvy

Well, Saint's Row has been giving you the option since the first in the series, and its ever had any issues with sales figures, so why would the next GTA if it had a female protag?

troutski

A GTA title with a single lead protagonist as a female would turn plenty of gamers off. However, I think Rockstar could pull off a GTA game with a female lead. The story would be pretty unique and different from every other title. I wouldn't be against it, but others would be.

1nate09

That's a great idea! Being able to see the world through a woman's eyes would be interesting. It would also allow all the girls to feel more comfortable playing GTA 5. It would also help out the guys that like playing as girls. I would definitely pay to play a game like that. I wonder what would happen if someone started a petition for a girl character.

Livvy

A GTA title with a single lead protagonist as a female would turn plenty of gamers off. However, I think Rockstar could pull off a GTA game with a female lead. The story would be pretty unique and different from every other title. I wouldn't be against it, but others would be.

Likewise, would a game with a single male lead not turn plenty of gamers off? Remember, us girls do play your games too boys.

ACSAPA

I agree with having one female if there are multiple protagonists. As a woman, I think that a female GTA character would have to be as badass and ruthless as the women from Kill Bill. Part of the fun of GTA is playing a criminal. I wouldn't want to play a female GTA character that was a caring nurturer and questioned the morality of killing hookers and robbing banks. I would want a cold blooded ,dangerous woman character like Beatrix Kitto or Vernita Green. Otherwise it wouldn't be in the true spirit of the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

ACSAPA

Likewise, would a game with a single male lead not turn plenty of gamers off? Remember, us girls do play your games too boys.

I'm a woman and I have played all the Grand Theft Auto games which have had all male characters. In order for a GTA game to have a female protagonist, she would have to be just as ruthless and just as much of a criminal mastermind as the men.

I don't play GTA games to put on pretty costumes or play a damsel in distress.

BryanOnAWire

I would really like to see it. GTA has been male-dominated in its main charcters, but I think I would enjoy trying playing as a female.

radooqu

You know I thought of that not long ago while playing GTA V. It would be nice for the sake of variety a female character in the game and I'm sure we'll have that in one of the future GTA versions. It is somewhat strange that they only had male characters to play around with and they didn't think of adding a female character as well. But then again, it's only the first version of GTA where you can actually switch among several characters.

wowtgp

I don;t really understand why the lack of female protagonists in the game is a big deal to anyone. Makes are the dominant sex and they are more powerful, so obviously most of the games would focus on them instead of females. I don;t think GTA needs a female protagonist.

Askani

I can see having the option to choose one or the other, but like most people here i want to play a dude. I would try it i just don't see liking it unless it opens up new content in the game. It would get my girlfriend into playing, but that might be a bad thing.

troutski

I didn't mean it in that manner, Livvy. There are plenty of female gamers, but plenty of people wouldn't want to play a GTA title with a female lead only. That female lead would have to be as ruthless and "dirty" as other GTA leads, which would be hard to pull off. Otherwise, people would think that Rockstar is making a AA title rather than a AAA title. I wouldn't care either way as long as I was playing a GTA title.

SS42A

I always enjoyed the male protagonists of the GTA series, but of course I'm open to having female protagonists as well, though I think she must be as tough as her male counterparts. Also, if there will have more than one protagonist in the game, they should make at least one female to create variety.