Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Playing PC racing games using a keyboard

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Kandikkal

I do play racing games with a keyboard. I think it's pretty easy. Burnout : Paradise controls very well with a keyboard, there is no need to use a mouse in that game at all. Also, another reason I use a keyboard on PC is because I don't have a PC compatible XBOX controller.
Burnout Paradise is very easy with a keyboard. One thing to note is that, racing is not the main point in the game. It was always about having fun. But for serious racing games like Grid, keyboard is a PITA setup.

Wubwub

I can't stand using the keyboard for racing games, I always use my controller.
Before I got the controller I had to use the kb of course but my performance increased tenfold when I went controller :)
I find it a bit awkward as well, but I wouldn't consider it unusable. I also still just prefer to use the controller for racing games as it doesn't need to be terribly accurate like in FPS games.

Jasonreid

I just can't do it, the whole "on or off" feel of it means I can't be all that accurate.

Yeah I've dropped a bit of cash into my PC racing stuff (Logitech G25 and a wheel and pedal mount) but IMO it's totally worth the cash for added realism and feel. :)
This sounds more like it. The keyboard is not much fun to play with. You don't get that real life like experience. Plus it takes some time getting use to the different keys to control the different functions kinda of awkward if I must say.

jurew2

When I play racing games I usually use the controler, because it is more fun and easy to play that way. I rarelly use the keyboard to play any racing games on my PC, I did play the games with the keyboard some time back when I didn't have a controler, but now when I'm used to play the games with the controler I can't get back used to them playing with keyboard.

Wubwub

When I play racing games I usually use the controler, because it is more fun and easy to play that way. I rarelly use the keyboard to play any racing games on my PC, I did play the games with the keyboard some time back when I didn't have a controler, but now when I'm used to play the games with the controler I can't get back used to them playing with keyboard.
Same here. I can get used to it and once I am I can play fairly well on it but it's just not a favorite and I'd much rather just have a console controller as much as possible.

MissBin

Well i like to play racing game using a keyboard. I think it is just easier to play with it but controller offers you more fun that's for sure. But i'm sorf of a player who wants to achieve best score so i prefer keyboard over controllers. Keyboard is also much more accurate to me and i can also switch between windows and type while you can't do that with controller.

Askani

It is better to use a controller to me. I do not like the handling of the cars with a keyboard. Too sluggish and not precise enough.

RamZor

I use my keyboard for racing games. I did try to use steering wheel on my friend's house. It's pretty cool but in my opinion its not such a big deal.

ReDGuNNeR

Keyboard controls are alright for arcadey racers such as the NFS and Burnout series. But forget about using a keyboard in a hardcore racing simulator such as Assetto Corsa. There's just no way you can compete with someone who is using a racing wheel, the degree of control is 100x better in every single case.