Best Coop game?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Farseer, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Farseer

Farseer Member

I'm looking some co-op games to play with my friends - anyone has any recommendations? Any genre would be great!
    My favorites were Borderlands 2, Trine 1 & 2 and Payday 2 - anything I should add?

2. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

Civilization V is a really, really fun multiplayer game. Play with or against friends, with other AI characters if needed - and see if you can build a civilization that will stand the test of time! Conquer the world or crumble to the force of your enemies!

3. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Member

Titan Quest and it's expansion pack was amazing to play with friend. Good old diablo-styled hardcore RPG, none of that MMO crap. Great game, would suggest it to you guys, go check it out! Other than that, I guess Magicka was also a great game for co-op, and if you're looking for something in the first person perspective try Borderlands and Minecraft :p

4. Farseer

Farseer Member

Thanks for the suggestions - we started playing Magicka, its great! Really funny too. As for Civilization V, I thought of it, but won't the round get really along after a while, leaving other players bored most of the time?

5. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I totally agree with the Borderlands and Borderlands 2 comment, that series was quite fun to play with friends. Rayman Origins is only a local game sadly, but if you have a couple of friends, it's up to only 4 players, you will have a blast of fun. Minecraft is also great fun if you are on a custom made server for you and your friend(s) only. The one thing I advise against is to make the server open, it allows unknown players in to your world and it can be quite awkward at times when they do happen to stumble around your world. It has happen to me a couple of times.

6. CelTek

CelTek Member

I like Civ5, but I'm curious. When I play a game of Civ5 it usually takes me a good few hours, and the game gets really slow when the whole world is uncovered. This doesn't seem fun to me in a multiplayer environment. Can you convince me otherwise?

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

If you need to find a good co-op game that you will love playing with your friends, you need to try GTA V. It just came out with a online counterpart. You can race with them, play Tennis or Golf with them, go hiking, skydiving, have a deathmatch with them, go heisting and so many other things.

Other than GTA V, I would recommend you a shooting game called Payday 2. Now, it might not be an open-world game, but it shines as a bank heist game. Make sure that you have someone playing with you who knows the basics of the game. Loot some banks together and have fun.

8. CelTek

CelTek Member

You're in the PC gaming section mate.

9. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I think you haven't heard the news that it's coming to PC early 2014. You can always wait. Better late than never :)

10. CelTek

CelTek Member

Still not a current co-op game. And I will thank you to stop teasing me with this. I really want to play GTA5, but can't! Argh!

wowtgp likes this.
  11. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

Definitely need to add the Left 4 Dead series into this. Probably the most fun I've had playing these with my mates.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree, Left 4 Dead is tons more fun when played in multiplayer with friends. The best thing about it is that it's even more fun when played by 4 people.

13. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

How has Portal not been mentioned yet, it's THE co-op game, also the possibilty to kill your friend while solving the puzzle is awesome.

Also Left4Dead, and a shout out to Valve for giving it out for free.

14. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Killing Floor. This is the best co-op zombie killing game ever. Don't take my word. Just play it with your friends. I am sad that this one is heavily overlooked. Hope they release KF2 soon :)

15. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

How does it stack up against Left4Dead, have you played both?
    I can't realy judge which is better since I haven't played KF.

16. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Left4Dead 1 and 2 are much bigger than KF. But I like the gameplay of KF better than them. KF has shorter maps and that leaves you in a kill or die situation from the beginning itself. The weapons are highly differentiated and DLC weapons are cool :D .

17. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

Are the DLC weapons better than the ones that come in vanilla? I have some policy against DLC that are too OP in the given context

18. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I think some DLC weapons are better in KF, like the Flamethrower. I hate that you have to buy a DLC to get the awesome flamethrower.

19. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

You should not buy COH2 then, they added a really broken general as a DLC, basically turning the game into pay to win sort a deal, really pathetic imo.

20. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I don't own any COH games, and I am not going to buy any in the near future too. I have a very long back log, so I am scared to buy any more games.