Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Silly console accessories that you have used

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Ghost Rider

I know that a lot of us here are console addicts. A lot of us here also have purchased at least one console accessory like the Pocketstation for the PS1, the Kinect for the Xbox 360 and the Power Glove for the NES. A lot of these accessories are downright silly. Like the dance pad that I purchased for my PS1. It is used to play the dance game entitled Dance Dance Revolution. I think it's silly because it's just an oversized controller that you step on. What other silly console accessories did you try out?

Wubwub

We had the dance pad once, and yes, it did feel kind of silly to use it, but it was still pretty fun. Other than that, we usually just got whatever gun accessory was available for any particular console, and I think it's sad that newer consoles hardly offer those types of games anymore.

Rocketman

The only console accessory I've ever had was that light thingy that you plug into the game boy. It was actually pretty useful!

jbeavis100

DDR is fun as heck but yeah the dance pad looks a bit silly :p. The VMU on dreamcast was and is pretty awesome though.

rosacrux

NES Powerglove looked so cool when I was a kid. I got it and regretted it for the rest of my life. Also the SNES Superscope was awful.

Oakster

NES Powerglove looked so cool when I was a kid. I got it and regretted it for the rest of my life. Also the SNES Superscope was awful.

How expensive was the Powerglove? My only contact with it was watching The Wizard movie which was a glorified ad for it, but I have no idea if it was something super expensive...

Ghost Rider

Come to think of it, it's amazing that companies are able to sell us these silly gaming accessories. As long as it's new and the marketing is right, there would be buyers. But hey, at least I had a fun time with the dance pad (for a short period of time). But would I have been fine without it? Yup. Definitely.

Oakster

Well how silly do we consider the Rockband accessories?
I mean, the drum kit is nothing more than an extremely overblown set of giant buttons :)

I have never really bought any silly accessories. However I always seem to buy cheap accessories which make me just as irritated. I mean I hate purchasing headphones for the game that don't last as long as my online membership lol. I purchase membership by month btw lol.

rossonomous

I bought this floopy USB keyboard for my xbox and it was absolutely crap. It was quicker to type using the controller in the end!

Anyone remember the first DS system? It came with a wrist strap that had a little thumb nub stylus that you were supposed to use on the touch screen. That thing was terrible, but I gave it the old college try before I ended up just using the regular stylus as intended.

orz

I bought a MadCatz controller once, if anyone has bought a MadCatz product before you're probably aware about the terrible build quality. That controller lasted me a matter of days.

Oakster

I bought the set that was released with Wii Sports when the Wii came out...
Not proud of this at all :(
I had the golf club to play golf, the raquet to play tennis, etc

For my Wii, I bought a baseball bat, golf club, tennis racket, and gun attachment. These were simply worthless accessories for Wii Sports.

froggy666

I remember using the eye toy for the PS2. It's basically the parent accessories that brought on the kinect and the ps3/ps4 equivalent. It had some fun mini games but nothing really ground breaking. The accessory could have been so much better but they let it die after two or three games.

I've never really bought any accessories for my game consoles. I find that they're quite a waste, since they don't really enhance the game play or anything. Most accessories are just there to make the console look nicer, which isn't really what you need to be honest.

Wubwub

@rosacrux - I remember the hype that surrounded this item when it first came out, but I never bought into it since it always seemed to me like a gimmick even as a kid. I did still find it very interesting, though, and even up until now I've never gotten the chance to use one myself and I'm still curious to see how it really plays.

ACSAPA

I've used the Dreamcast keyboard for Typing of the Dead, microphone for Seaman, DDR mats for PS2.
I think the weirdest ones are the Resident Evil 4 chainsaw controller and the giant cockpit controller with foot pedals for Steel Batallion and an old Nintendo periscope peripheral that I saw on eBay.

WAVWirmer

Back in the day a Multitap for the PS1 & PS2and back before that a link cable for my gameboy. OG pokemon trades and EPIC battles were had one that little cable. My brother had that terrible printer thing for the gameboy Back then you could count all the pixels that were printed.

ACSAPA

I thought the Onimusha sword controller for PS2 was kind of dumb because it looked like a sword but had the same D pad and buttons as a normal PS2 controller. It had some kind of internal sensor that could tell if you were swinging the sword, but it didn't work very well.