Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Silly console accessories that you have used

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

WAVWirmer

I thought the Onimusha sword controller for PS2 was kind of dumb because it looked like a sword but had the same D pad and buttons as a normal PS2 controller. It had some kind of internal sensor that could tell if you were swinging the sword, but it didn't work very well.

Total mind trip I remember that, we had 10 of them in stock for years at the local game store I used to work at. We sold one to this anime fan that bought everything that was Japanese related. And another one to a guy who had just bought the game so i bundles it up for him. But he came back like 30 minutes later complaining and wanting a refund. The other 8 stood on the shelf collecting dust and fading while the box edges started crumbling.

ACSAPA

Total mind trip I remember that, we had 10 of them in stock for years at the local game store I used to work at. We sold one to this anime fan that bought everything that was Japanese related. And another one to a guy who had just bought the game so i bundles it up for him. But he came back like 30 minutes later complaining and wanting a refund. The other 8 stood on the shelf collecting dust and fading while the box edges started crumbling.
Oh, wow. It's somehow a bit sad that the rest of them just sat there, dusty and unused. Then again, it just wasn't the most practical controller. It's expected that an Anime fan would come along for that. I'm an Anime fan and I thought those gun controllers for Final Fantasy X-2 were really cool.

WAVWirmer

Oh, wow. It's somehow a bit sad that the rest of them just sat there, dusty and unused. Then again, it just wasn't the most practical controller. It's expected that an Anime fan would come along for that. I'm an Anime fan and I thought those gun controllers for Final Fantasy X-2 were really cool.

Yea it hurt as a collector to see them just sitting there loosing value. I wanted to rescue them and store them in a nice clean place in order to resell later on. But i barely have enough room for all my games, systems and accessories as it is now.

ACSAPA

Yea it hurt as a collector to see them just sitting there loosing value. I wanted to rescue them and store them in a nice clean place in order to resell later on. But i barely have enough room for all my games, systems and accessories as it is now.
I'm a collector as well, so that would sting for me as well. Who knows? They might become worth something later on in time. I don't know what they're currently worth. I'm guessing your boss was holding on to them "just in case".

WAVWirmer

I'm a collector as well, so that would sting for me as well. Who knows? They might become worth something later on in time. I don't know what they're currently worth. I'm guessing your boss was holding on to them "just in case".

He mostly kept them because he hated the idea of losing money so he even dropped the price down to the wholesale price he paid just to break even. He did the same with the chainsaw Resident Evil controller and the silver slime controller from dragon quest.

Gin0710

The scope! I bought it for the SNES and I only played one game on it. It wasn't even that good. I think it was Yoshi's Cookies or something. Very stupid and a waste of money.

ACSAPA

He mostly kept them because he hated the idea of losing money so he even dropped the price down to the wholesale price he paid just to break even. He did the same with the chainsaw Resident Evil controller and the silver slime controller from dragon quest.
It sucks that he had to do that. I mean, does no one collect gaming related stuff anymore? Someday, the only thing that will archive the fact that those controllers existed will just be the internet. Wouldn't it be cool to say "Hey, I have that controller" because you collect those kinds of things?

WAVWirmer

It sucks that he had to do that. I mean, does no one collect gaming related stuff anymore? Someday, the only thing that will archive the fact that those controllers existed will just be the internet. Wouldn't it be cool to say "Hey, I have that controller" because you collect those kinds of things?

That is the exact reason I do what I do . I collect stuff because it feels amazing when you talking to some one and they mention some rare elusive game or system and I look over and say "Hey I got that right over go take a look". I'll always love the fact that I can hold a game in my hand and feeling I get from inserting the cartridge or CD into the system. Its going to be a sad day for me when all media becomes digital. I wont get to experience these moments anymore.

I think the silliest (yet coolest at the same time) I had was way back in the NES days. I had that silly powerglove.

If you looked at it by today's standard, it's a piece of crap. But back then, peripherals weren't as abundant. And the fact that it was a glove of all things and wearable made it that much cooler.

ACSAPA

That is the exact reason I do what I do . I collect stuff because it feels amazing when you talking to some one and they mention some rare elusive game or system and I look over and say "Hey I got that right over go take a look". I'll always love the fact that I can hold a game in my hand and feeling I get from inserting the cartridge or CD into the system. Its going to be a sad day for me when all media becomes digital. I wont get to experience these moments anymore.
Wow, another person who's not all that jazzed about the whole "everything is digital" craze. I mean, if it's for series that I really love, I'll reluctantly get those games digitally, but I think at that point, I'd back track and get older games that I haven't gotten yet. At least, I'd be getting something I didn't have before and it's tangible. Unless, they put a ban on physical games, I will find a way to get them.

WAVWirmer

Wow, another person who's not all that jazzed about the whole "everything is digital" craze. I mean, if it's for series that I really love, I'll reluctantly get those games digitally, but I think at that point, I'd back track and get older games that I haven't gotten yet. At least, I'd be getting something I didn't have before and it's tangible. Unless, they put a ban on physical games, I will find a way to get them.

Yea Im not jazzed up about an all digital word just yet because I know we arent there yet. We dont have the capabilities of maintaining that sort of system. Look how bad things get when a game comes out and your trying to download it but cant because the servers are over loaded, or you get some error, or you dont have enough room on your drive and have to start deleting, or you have slow internet and it will take forever to even download the game in the first place. I can go on and on and on about the problems with an all digital world when it comes to gaming. I know that sooner or later it will happen I just hope it does when every one can handle it, not just the fortunate few.

troutski

I actually did own a Kinect for the Xbox 360, although I wouldn't consider it silly on its own, unless you're playing a game that makes it so.

ACSAPA

Yea Im not jazzed up about an all digital word just yet because I know we arent there yet. We dont have the capabilities of maintaining that sort of system. Look how bad things get when a game comes out and your trying to download it but cant because the servers are over loaded, or you get some error, or you dont have enough room on your drive and have to start deleting, or you have slow internet and it will take forever to even download the game in the first place. I can go on and on and on about the problems with an all digital world when it comes to gaming. I know that sooner or later it will happen I just hope it does when every one can handle it, not just the fortunate few.

I have a strong desire to collect and I like seeing a stack of games that I worked for and that I own. I wouldn't get that same charge out of seeing a bunch of games saved on a hard drive. I like collector's editions with nice boxes and special items like an action figure.

ACSAPA

I actually did own a Kinect for the Xbox 360, although I wouldn't consider it silly on its own, unless you're playing a game that makes it so.
It's not silly. They also have the Kinect built into the Xbox One, but this seems to be common knowledge. In any case, that's not silly or stupid. It was a motion/vocal sensor for the Xbox consoles, and an attempt to compete with the Wii.

wowtgp

I bought the Kinect version of Xbox One. It's something that I had to buy to buy the Xbox One. Now it's just gathering dust.

WAVWirmer

I have a strong desire to collect and I like seeing a stack of games that I worked for and that I own. I wouldn't get that same charge out of seeing a bunch of games saved on a hard drive. I like collector's editions with nice boxes and special items like an action figure.

Im a sucker for steelbooks they look so baller and the way they stand out over all the regular cases. Not to mention the quality and detail that goes into them.

ACSAPA

Im a sucker for steelbooks they look so baller and the way they stand out over all the regular cases. Not to mention the quality and detail that goes into them.
I actually agree. I have one for Mass Effect 1 and it's really nice. I was really happy when I first got it. I still don't have the special box for Final Fantasy XII yet.

Kamarsun1

I know that a lot of us here are console addicts. A lot of us here also have purchased at least one console accessory like the Pocketstation for the PS1, the Kinect for the Xbox 360 and the Power Glove for the NES. A lot of these accessories are downright silly. Like the dance pad that I purchased for my PS1. It is used to play the dance game entitled Dance Dance Revolution. I think it's silly because it's just an oversized controller that you step on. What other silly console accessories did you try out?
I think the tennis, baseball and golf club accessory for the Wii was silly. It didn't make the game play any better. It's no need for that one.

WAVWirmer

I think the tennis, baseball and golf club accessory for the Wii was silly. It didn't make the game play any better. It's no need for that one.

99% of the Wii accessories were gimmicks that had little to no need or use they just played off the naivety of parents and young kids who didnt know better. The ones you named are the main culprits of this abuse.

peelout247

Lol, I remember the first time I went to game stop to buy a sony headset that they were selling for $50. Which I was willing to pay for just to make sure I had something that worked right. But the guy at the register looked at me like I was insane. He was like "Dude, you know you can just use any rinky dink blue tooth headset right". But even though I knew he was probably right I didn't want to take a chance. So I got it and even though it was specifically made by sony for the ps console I was still one of the lowest heard people online, LMAO! - Crying Sad Tears...