Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Rockstar Shutting Down Mods

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

troutski

With each update and patch, Rockstar has been banning mods from GTA Online, which is a shame. Some great mods are now no longer available to players that have updated their game. It's sad to see the mods getting taken out so quickly when GTA IV has tons of mods available that were never eliminated.

Corten

Terrible decision, mods prolong a game's life. Obviously, they want to sell DLCs so I'm not surprised. I don't get it why they are against modding, the recent Steam fiasco showed that it's a really strong culture and cannot be screwed with.

Squigly

I think it's a difficult issue for online play, since some mods might interfere with others' gameplay. However I fully agree that mods should be left alone for single player modes.

niiro17

I agree with Squigly. Many people are using mods to annoy some other people online. And I also agree that it should be only available on single player.

While that sucks, I can understand to some extent. People have been using mods to cause all sorts of havoc online on GTA.

But at the same time, mods were a big reason as to why people wanted the game in the first place for the computer. So shutting down mods kills arguably the biggest selling point.

troutski

Terrible decision, mods prolong a game's life. Obviously, they want to sell DLCs so I'm not surprised. I don't get it why they are against modding, the recent Steam fiasco showed that it's a really strong culture and cannot be screwed with.

I can tell that you've never played a day of GTA V in your life because Rockstar hasn't charged a dime for over a dozen DLC packs over the course of the game's 1.5 year lifespan.

This is getting really bad. I was just reading an article where people are reporting even single player mods are getting them bad.

If that's true, I REALLY hope it's just a mistake on Rockstar's part. Because it would be a crying shame if that was purposely done.

I think it's within Rockstar's prerogative if they want to ban mods for their game, at least while it's still so new. If they keep banning mods years down the line when the game is a bit older then I would question their motives. Right now it just seems like their way of making sure they deliver the experience, and not random users.

TheViper

You can say that it is Rockstar's decision. Though, when you are a company that depends on the consumer caring about your product. Then the decisions you make better be inline to some degree with what the consumers want to some degree.

teabwoi

I think that now they have fixed it that now you are able to have mods when you are in single mode but I do not think that they allow it when you are playing online and this is something that I can live with and that I can understand.

Wubwub

Yeah it is disappointing since I'm sure a lot of people have been waiting to get really creative with the PC version but like some members have already mentioned they are probably also doing it in part to protect their DLC.