Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Racing games vs real life driving

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Qamra

I see you guys are big fans of racing games, how about driving in real life?
Are you good at driving?
Did the games help you improve driving skills?

I am good at driving in real life, however if you were comparing the two then driving in real life is nothing like driving on a video game.

froggy666

I can't stand racing games since I started to really get into driving. I just get so annoyed when the cars fail to handle the way you expect them to do so. They fail to live up to expectations so I just stopped trying to play them like I think they should handle and just stick to arcade modes.

AndreiFL

I am better at driving than my friends, and they say it's because of the video games. I'm not very sure though, since I have never played with a wheel.

Wubwub

I think it probably did contribute somewhat to my real life driving, but I don't think it was that much. I prefer playing racing games a lot more because you get to go fast without risking your safety.

jbeavis100

Driving in Gran Turismo 3-4 with a wheel really helped later in life when I went to practice and take my drivers test. It felt so natural at that point so it was like whatevers.

FosterTXT

I would say I am a good driver. I do think that playing racing games has taught me a few things, like never drive 200 MPH towards oncoming traffic lol. Racing games have also taught me how to be a responsible driver.

rossonomous

I am a good driver in real life. I quite frequently go to track days with my little brother so we can unleash some fast cars.

I really like doing both. Racing games are extremely fun to play, and I'd rate it as one of my top favorite game genres of all time. Driving in real life is pretty fun too, but it's much more serious of course.