Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Games of the Hack and Slash genre.

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

CeliVega

Any fans of Hack and Slash games here?
I am referring to games like the Dynasty Warriors series, Sengoku Basara, or just something really close to them like Devil May Cry.

A good news for fans of this genre of gaming: Remember Strider? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strider_(arcade_game)
Double Helex Games and Capcom are giving it a reboot and the game is expected to be released this year!
A trailer for those that are interested:

Wubwub

My favorite hack and slash game would probably always be Devil May Cry, and I think it even pioneered the genre to some extent, if I'm not mistaken. I also kind of like God of War, and I do commend it for the great gameplay, but I don't really like the theme of it that much and prefer the tone and theme of the first DMC much more.

CeliVega

Speaking of God of War, it has been quite a while since they release a new game for the main storyline. What is the last game? Ascension? I am more interested about what happened to Kratos after what he did in God of War 3. Will God of 4 be featuring new protagonist? Or will be still be Kratos? Looking forward to how they will handle things.

Wubwub

Speaking of God of War, it has been quite a while since they release a new game for the main storyline. What is the last game? Ascension? I am more interested about what happened to Kratos after what he did in God of War 3. Will God of 4 be featuring new protagonist? Or will be still be Kratos? Looking forward to how they will handle things.

I think the last one was Ascension and I have a feeling that the hype surrounding this title is dying down since the team that produces this game recently just had layoffs. I'm not sure on the exact details, but I think that the layoffs alone is very telling.

I love games with the hack and slash myself. I mean I have always been a fan of God Of War myself, and it is a very good game as well. Most games apart of the hack and slash genre usually have good story lines attached as well.

Wubwub

I love games with the hack and slash myself. I mean I have always been a fan of God Of War myself, and it is a very good game as well. Most games apart of the hack and slash genre usually have good story lines attached as well.
Agreed. I don't even like the theme of God of War because I'm not that enthused by the design of Ancient Greek mythology but even I was fascinated by the story of GoW. At least, for a while. The rest of the series I just skipped the cutscenes over and it kind of annoyed me that you couldn't skip them the first time around.

jbeavis100

I do really like Hack and slash games but some are just not really that appealing to me (castlevania:lod) because they are part of a series that prides itself on a different style of gameplay..

ACSAPA

I really like Hack n' Slash games. Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Devil May Cry, God of War, Metal Gear: Rising Revengence, and Otogi 1 and 2 are some really excellent Hack n' Slash games that come to mind. I somehow wish there were more Hack n' Slash games.

Wubwub

I really like Hack n' Slash games. Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Devil May Cry, God of War, Metal Gear: Rising Revengence, and Otogi 1 and 2 are some really excellent Hack n' Slash games that come to mind. I somehow wish there were more Hack n' Slash games.
Me too. It's one of my most favorite genres, and DMC is really one of my favorites for it. I also really wish they would make more already instead of flooding the market with FPS games, although I suspect that it just brings in more profits than hack and slash.

ACSAPA

Me too. It's one of my most favorite genres, and DMC is really one of my favorites for it. I also really wish they would make more already instead of flooding the market with FPS games, although I suspect that it just brings in more profits than hack and slash.
Still, there's too many First Person Shooters. Seriously. Every other game release is an FPS. I don't dislike FPS games. There's just too many.

ACSAPA

Oh, how could I forget? The Castlevania series is excellent! That's a really good Hack n' Slash game. By the way, I'm glad to see that so many people like Hack n' Slash games. I feel like I'm the only one in Miami that likes these type games.

I loved Strider, and if you happen to have a Wii, Muramasa captures the elements that made it work quite well. I really recommend that game for all hack and slash lovers. :)

ACSAPA

Actually, the Tenchu series had a hybrid of stealth and hack n' slash. That might be partially why I like it. It's a unique combo that actually works well. Besides, Tenchu has a good story and the main characters are cool.

wowtgp

I love hack and slash games man! God of War is a prime example of how a game should be done. I love the stuff.

ACSAPA

Oh, I never mentioned Ninja Gaiden. I love that game (and the kind of sister series, Dead or Alive). Ryu Hayabusa is a very cool character. I wonder how he'd fare against the ninja from the game, Shinobi? That would be an interesting fight to see.