Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Formula One Deletes Hundreds Of Mods Over Rights Issues

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).
P

Peter Paltridge

f1-2013-screenshot_1000.0.0-630x300.jpg

In yet another example of the age-old struggle against The Man, the corporation representing Formula One racing has forced a popular modding forum to delete hundreds of mods. The mods were meant to modify Automobilista, F1 2013 and F1 2014 — all PC games that use the official F1 license. It seems that license comes […]
iL9ZfKkK8YY

Continue reading...

Squigly

This is aggravating. People aren't profiting from such mods, and I don't see them harming the F1 brand, if anything they are helping to spread its popularity. Why go after something like this?

Wubwub

I may be wrong but I think companies with this type of mindset are doomed. You just can't control content like you did a few decades ago and I think those who go the complete opposite way and actually embrace public generated content are the ones who thrive nowadays. I'm not sure I understand why they are deciding to do it this way though maybe they have a good reason?

roley

They shouldn't do so because MODs are the features that makes a game look really interesting to play and if they do so then their reputation will lose and they will have to shut their windows one day.

Susime

While I don't like the situation I believe the ones behind the modding forum had no choice in deleting them otherwise they would be facing some sort of lawsuit. The mods are bound to appear elsewhere sooner or later so all is not lost.

Wubwub

While I don't like the situation I believe the ones behind the modding forum had no choice in deleting them otherwise they would be facing some sort of lawsuit. The mods are bound to appear elsewhere sooner or later so all is not lost.
Yeah I think digital content like this especially ones distributed to many users will forever exist since people tend to store them and share them behind the scenes. For me I think it's a shame when fanbases like this one get strong armed by the game developers but that's the law.