Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).
Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

ACSAPA

I see all this having a great future for gaming. This type of competition is always good as long as they dont take things too far to the point where it hurts gamers. They will try and beat each other through exclusives or lower prices which is good. Low prices and great games is a bright future ahead.
I still think that people are being too presumptuous about this upcoming gaming generation. We're still only at the beginning of this generation. Can't everyone have some patience and wait and see what will happen with the consoles and games?

WAVWirmer

I still think that people are being too presumptuous about this upcoming gaming generation. We're still only at the beginning of this generation. Can't everyone have some patience and wait and see what will happen with the consoles and games?

The reason why im so Enthusiastic about this gen is for some very important reasons.
1. Since the system architequers are so similar and PC like game developement is much simpler and more efficient. So game get done faster while looking and playing better than previous generations.
2. Many Devs and Publishers learned a very valuable lesson last gen and that is that they should treat gamers better. So now they have better policies towards the games dlc/expantions, as well as more security when it come to used games, and less harsh DRM rules in effect.
3. The heavy competition is making the market stronger and is always good for gamers. Look at how Microsoft is bending over backwards to try and please gamers so they can go back on the Xbox bandwagon. The competition will only help us out even more when the systems are older with bigger game catalogs.

I can go on and on, but to be even more simple about it look at all the games that are being canceled and delayed because they are not good enough. Last gen they would of just released the broken games and either patch them later on or say we will do better in the sequel. This gen has already started off on the right foot and im sure will continue to do so going on.

mssfgaming

The price drop was a strategic one. Microsoft realized that their consoles were being outsold by Sony's and Sony's price is over 400 dollars so Microsoft decided to down their price to compete with the PS4. In hindsight, it was a good idea because price is a big factor when it comes to deciding a console but it hasn't work that well. The PS4 is still outselling the Xbox One and now lowering the price might actually endanger the console itself. Good luck, Microsoft.

Wubwub

I agree. The graphics will probably get exponentially better in a few years and this current phase is still just a bit too close to the previous generation so we have to wait and see to really get an accurate comparison of each consoles' capabilities.

mightymap2

Microsoft has been a dominant force in the video game industry for about the last 25 years. I think they have a good plan to sell as many units as they can to satisfy demand. Once people have purchased their system, they can spend even more money on games and accessories. I'm tempted to purchase this system because of one single game title that is very appealing to me. That game is Halo.

The Halo series is what boosted Microsoft's game revenues to allow them to expand and dominate more of the market. In addition to the $400 you would have to pay for the game and console you would probably want to get Xbox Live which will probably cost you about an additional $50 for a one-year subscription. There are other quality games that I would be interested in as well such as Titan Fall.

Wubwub

That's not a bad price, but I'm going to wait. Also with the release of Oculus coming soon, I'm sure Xbox one is gonna get even cheaper.
Same here. I'm more interested in ps4 to be honest but if Xbox gets priced low enough I might just get that instead. I don't plan on getting either until a significant price drop and increase in game library.

$349 for the Xbox One is a pretty good price. It's like $100 cheaper than the PS4. But I wonder why Microsoft would drop their price by so much.

Wubwub

That's a good deal and I'm sure people will jump on that price. Me personally, I have other important things to do with my money, so the Xbox 360 is going to have to work for now.
Yeah it's a good price but not exactly dirt cheap either especially once you consider all the games you're going to have to buy for it afterwards. I don't plan on buying it until a year or two more.

By the way, I heard from some people that Microsoft dropped the price of Xbox One because their sales weren't as high as Sony's PS4. Do you guys think that this is true?

peelout247

I think the idea of them trying to market a variety of consoles with different memory spans is an outdated concept. It would have been better to do a re-release like they did for the 360 with wifi. While keeping the memory item separate like an accessory for gamers to buy if they want to upgrade their memory. Because that's what these businesses make money off of, the accessories.

FuZyOn

XBOX One is probably a good option especially since they have discounted games and promotions right now. I think you can find a brand new one with games on it for $280 here in Romania. That's pretty good.