Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Would You Still Play If It Was Only Racing?

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

JoshPosh

The reason why you play GTA is because of all the illegal missions that are laid out for you. I do see how the loyal gamers and followers would receive this as just a racer. I'm sure that most will not be playing it at all if it was strictly a racer game.

allarijit

There's no way I would play GTA 5 if it was all about racing: The GTA series is known for having the whole mafia feel, and there's much more to the game than just driving great cars: Sure, there are some pretty great cars in the game (Like Lamborghini, Ferrari etc.) but those are one of the many assets that this game has!

Grand Theft Auto without guns and hookers isn't Grand Theft Auto. Sure, the racing is pretty cool, but then again, that's just a small part of the game. It would get boring very fast.

If you want a racing-only Rockstar-made game, try Midnight Club.

Wubwub

The reason why you play GTA is because of all the illegal missions that are laid out for you. I do see how the loyal gamers and followers would receive this as just a racer. I'm sure that most will not be playing it at all if it was strictly a racer game.
I guess if it was just a racer then you'd still have illegal elements in it like being chased by the police and having to lose them. Probably similar to NFS Most Wanted but since it's Rockstar I bet they would have somehig different and unique to add onto it.

Kraiten

Yeah, I agree that if they decided to do that then it would probably do more harm then good. Though, I do think they could incorporate more racing aspects to the game. It doesn't have to be like you have to beat someone in a race.
If you ever played any previous GTA multiplayer games, lets say for example, San Adreas Multiplayer, there are actual servers that incorporate racing into them. With racing, there could be derbies such 5 by 5 flat land in the sky with no walls so cars can fall off and die. Just examples on how racing can be implemented.

I would definitely still play if it was only racing. I have loved the driving mechanics in this game since the moment I first started playing. The controls are smooth and nice and often times feel like a real car. The on-line races, and race maker would be enough to satisfy me. Although I would miss the missions on foot, the cars are enough to keep me playing.

Probably not. There's a game genre specifically for racing. Why would GTA change from a sandbox game to a racing game only? It's fine just the way it is in my opinion.

The thing is I feel as though if GTA was primarily just a racing game. Then it would kinda become what Burnout Paradise was or NFC Most Wanted. Would you still find it enjoyable if the game play was more centered around racing?
Did you know that that it first started off like that?

Aside from the question, no, I wouldn't. "Realistic" racing games just become nerve wrecking. Only racing game I play now is Mario Kart. (Yes, like that's totally better. Forget you, blue shell!)

Kracer

Im not sure if I would continue playing if it was to become only racing. I enjoy multiplayer races, don't get me wrong, but GTA wasn't developed to only be a racing game. I think if there was complete overhaul of the game with developed race tracks and more variety of cars I would continue to play it if it was only racing. But the way it is now I prefer just causing mayhem rather than driving around.

Darius

Racing was what GTA was originally intended to be, but they made it into GTA after a bug emerged making the cops constantly ram you instead of chase you. That being said I would not buy GTA if it was only racing, the physics engine and handling of the cars are definitely not good enough for a racing game. Sandbox GTA is the best GTA.

niiro17

Probably not. I play GTA because of the ability to make a havoc around the streets and do whatever you want. And if it's all about racing... there are many racing games that are great.

Wubwub

Yeah I agree. The racing mechanics are good but there are lots more other racing games out there that offer a lot more. THis game is good for what it is but if it were turned into a racer, unless they do something unique with it, then it would just not be GTA anymore.

Darius

Yeah I agree. The racing mechanics are good but there are lots more other racing games out there that offer a lot more. THis game is good for what it is but if it were turned into a racer, unless they do something unique with it, then it would just not be GTA anymore.
If they changed the physics a bit, maybe added more detail to the cars while taking out pedestrians, then I could maybe see this being a lesser known, but still great racing game. Sort of like a Split/Second, but with guns and rockets instead of hazards on the track.

Wubwub

If they changed the physics a bit, maybe added more detail to the cars while taking out pedestrians, then I could maybe see this being a lesser known, but still great racing game. Sort of like a Split/Second, but with guns and rockets instead of hazards on the track.
Yeah, surely they will make tweaks if it's the only thing they are working on. They probably didn't make it too realistic because it needs to blend well with the rest of the game but if it were their sole focus I have no doubt they will make an exciting version out of it as always.

Darius

Yeah, surely they will make tweaks if it's the only thing they are working on. They probably didn't make it too realistic because it needs to blend well with the rest of the game but if it were their sole focus I have no doubt they will make an exciting version out of it as always.
it would be cool if they made a free standalone DLC that has GTAV's grphics, but realistic racing with penalties for ramming and corner cutting. Sort of like the crew but realistic racing.

Wubwub

it would be cool if they made a free standalone DLC that has GTAV's grphics, but realistic racing with penalties for ramming and corner cutting. Sort of like the crew but realistic racing.
I'd definitely buy that. They could also probably just make a spinoff game sort of like how the Crash mode in Burnout eventually became its own game on mobile but since it's Rockstar they would do a much better job at it probably.

Darius

I'd definitely buy that. They could also probably just make a spinoff game sort of like how the Crash mode in Burnout eventually became its own game on mobile but since it's Rockstar they would do a much better job at it probably.
IIRC Burnout burned out (heh) because EA bought Criterion and made them focus on Need For Speed, killing the Burnout series. That's why that game was the last one. I heard the lead designers of Burnout since left Criterion and are working on a new multi-vehicle stunt game.

Wubwub

IIRC Burnout burned out (heh) because EA bought Criterion and made them focus on Need For Speed, killing the Burnout series. That's why that game was the last one. I heard the lead designers of Burnout since left Criterion and are working on a new multi-vehicle stunt game.
Those bastards. I rarely obsess over video games and. Burnout was one of the few that I did obsess over. I hope they revive it again someday and as long as there's takedown and crash mode I'm happy.

Maxx Johnson

I don't think I'd play it if it just a racing game. GTA's appeal is that you can do so many brutal things, and do it in so many different ways. It being just a normal, restricted racing game would not be fun for me at all. Sure I love racing games, but GTA is what I play when I want to mass murder a crowd of people by throwing a grenade into the crowd, or rob a store. If GTA was maybe an Open-World racing game(along the lines of Forza Horizon 2) I'd maybe try it out, but I most likely would not get hooked onto the game as I have been hooked onto GTA V since it's release.