Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

What was the first racing game you remember playing?

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Wubwub

I'm an old schooler so the first racing game I have memory of playing was on the NES. To be honest, I can't exactly remember which I played first between RC Pro Am and Excitebike. But I can sure enough remember my NES got some good use out of both games.
Excitebike was very cool! I don't recall winning that game very often, but I still played it a lot which I think is a testament to how fun it really was. I also loved playing around with the custom track and I spent hours just building them and playing them with my brother. Also, I played an F1 racer as one of my first console games back then too but I've already forgotten the title.

matrixor

I played my first racing game on a PS2. I loved it! The experience was great. The game was Gran Turismo (Can't really remember which part). I liked the design of it. I still play it sometimes on my super old dusty PS2.

Kandikkal

The first real racing game for me was Road Rash. I wish for a relaunch of Road Rash HD. I hope they will release it :D.

jbeavis100

I think it was SEGA Rally in the arcade down the street. They had an awesome machine setup for playing sega rally with huge monitors and a full steering wheel setup and everything. I wasted so much money on that machine. even now I play it on an emulator quite a bit with my own wheel+pedals set. There's nothing like it. :)

matrixor

Also, my first race game on PC was Need for Speed Most Wanted. It was amazing back in the day. It had great design and great graphics. I really liked it.

mikelouis

I was not much of a gamer when I was still young but now I love NFS series. All the games under NFS are just great. And now that there is a new movie about NFS I hope it will be most wanted also.

Wubwub

@matrixor - if that was your first racing game then you must be very young! Regardless, I agree that it is a very well made racing game, and I'd even consider it one of the best racing games of all time, and I suspect many more would agree which is why they have already revived it and made it available for mobile devices.

FosterTXT

The very first racing game that I can remember playing is Crusin' USA on a arcade machine when I was younger. I remember feeling so cool holding the steering wheel and shifting gears lol. Definitely one of the greats.

nickjt

The first racing game that I played with a rally game on the Game Gear. I am not sure what it was called, but it was on a cartridge with a few other games.

Jun Yun

First racing game is SEGA Rally too. I loved playing it inside arcades and I adore the handling of the Toyota rally car in that game. Plus its the first game I played with a proper steering wheel and pedals.

Oh, man. This is actually a question that I can't answer clearly. I have played so many different racing games, that I forgot which one I started with. I mean I played Rad Racer for the NES a few years back, but I don't think it was my first racing game. Do motorcycle games count? If so then Excite Bike might be one of the first. Actually, I do recall playing a driving game for the Atari 2600, but I can't recall the name. I would even call Sonic the Hedgehog a racing/platformer, lol.

It was such a long time ago that I can't even remember. I have played tons and tons of racing games in my childhood until now.

Wubwub

Oh, man. This is actually a question that I can't answer clearly. I have played so many different racing games, that I forgot which one I started with. I mean I played Rad Racer for the NES a few years back, but I don't think it was my first racing game. Do motorcycle games count? If so then Excite Bike might be one of the first. Actually, I do recall playing a driving game for the Atari 2600, but I can't recall the name. I would even call Sonic the Hedgehog a racing/platformer, lol.
Atari is hardcore vintage, and I fortunately have gotten to play one or two racing games there I think. Though by the time I was too young and the gadget was too old and faulty because I remember only getting to okay it because my brother digger it out of the garage and I think we already had SNES by then. I got to play one that was top view F1 racing, I think, and maybe even one front view but I may just have imagined that one.

ACSAPA

It had to have been the first Outrun. That's as far back as I can remember. It was a really fun game, but I have even more fun with Outrun 2.

edthebig

I remember an track racing motorcycle game for the PS1 that made me go crazy with rage every time I fell. That's when I first saw the brand Michelin.

ACSAPA

I remember an track racing motorcycle game for the PS1 that made me go crazy with rage every time I fell. That's when I first saw the brand Michelin.
You never liked Michelin from then on, right. Heh, I'm just kidding. So, do you remember what game it was? Oh, and what made you rage about it? Was it hard? Was it glitchy?

edthebig

You never liked Michelin from then on, right. Heh, I'm just kidding. So, do you remember what game it was? Oh, and what made you rage about it? Was it hard? Was it glitchy?

Well, usually when you crashed with something, or touched it with the tip of your eyelash, you fell of your bike. It was a track racing game on bikes. Just like nascar and it was for the Ps1 I will get back to you if I remember.

ACSAPA

Well, usually when you crashed with something, or touched it with the tip of your eyelash, you fell of your bike. It was a track racing game on bikes. Just like nascar and it was for the Ps1 I will get back to you if I remember.
Heh, I don't mean to be amused, but the mental picture I'm getting from this is funny. Anyway, I do see why that would be rage inducing. I'm not a perfect racer in racing games, so I'd probably fall off about 500 times.

Colebra

Well I'm old so... Maybe this one:

Screenshot-4.png

This is Grand Prix Circuits, and I used to play this one a 386 computer. It was ok...

I actually like racing games better, now that they can be ultra-realistic...
In most cases, I like pixels everywhere :D