Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

What happened to Contra?

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

downsouth

The truth behind the disappearance of Contra is due to the horrible remakes and releases that have been released on the later consoles. The bad gameplay and all the let downs from the hype and expectations killed the series off. People bought into it based on name recognition alone, and publishers knew this so they didnt really push the devs hard in creating "Good" games with the franchise.

Yep..everyone had high expectations and they simply were not met in later releases of the game. It became more about turning a profit from something that really became popular among gamers, then trying to create something even more innovative than the original.

Wubwub

Contra for the NES was a fun game. The more recent versions have been a bit disappointing though.
Agreed. They never really were able to duplicate the charm that the first one had. The sequels just felt too generic and disappointingly I think many other shooters were much better by the time they were churning the new ones out.

mssfgaming

I think right now, Contra doesn't have a market set for the kind of profit the game developers are hoping. Sure, Konami could, but I think they have their hands way too full with other games and might not put enough budget or money into this game because they don't think that kids would like it, and they're sort of right. Hopefully though, Konami takes a risk and puts it out, maybe the results will be more favorable. Who knows?

I guess the game was just not really "in style" for most players. It was not that bad of a game though. Maybe people just didn't like it at all.

Wubwub

I think right now, Contra doesn't have a market set for the kind of profit the game developers are hoping. Sure, Konami could, but I think they have their hands way too full with other games and might not put enough budget or money into this game because they don't think that kids would like it, and they're sort of right. Hopefully though, Konami takes a risk and puts it out, maybe the results will be more favorable. Who knows?
Yeah I think these days kids are much more interested in FPS games or building games like Minecraft. I hardly see any successful 2d plat for games anymore.

niiro17

So sad that they didn't make any more of it. They made a bad decision on their last Contra game. The first one is amazing though.

Contra, like most of Konami's franchises may just die out. Right now, Konami is in all sorts of financial trouble. Not to mention the in fighting that's been going on for years.

If we get another Contra, we'll be lucky

peelout247

I don't side scroll games are a thing anymore and that's when it was at all its glory. Especially, when they had those special stages that would change everything up on the player. Certainly groundbreaking for its time. But probably only compatible for a internet game market. I just can't see people wanting to play this anymore when there is other titles like Metal Slug.