Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

What got you into dirt racing games?

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

FuZyOn

I used to play Dirt Racing games when I was a kid, I liked the unique mechanics and graphics, it's refreshing to play a game from this genre from time to time.

I actually just got the new Dirt Rally and I'm really enjoying it. I turned off everything on the HUD and just listen to what my co-driver tells me to get around. It's challenging, but really fun.

oldgamer

I always liked racing games. I remember ATARI and NES games... Pole position, Night driver, Enduro... :D

I've been playing Mario Kart games for years now. I guess trying other racing games came naturally.

Years -and many hours of playing- later here I am commenting on the dirt gaming section. Who knew I'd fall in love with the genre :cool:

sillylucy

I started playing them with my cousin who was a BMXer and he got me into them and the whole racing game genre really. I liked watching him race in person and then play all racing games at home.

pwarbi

The mechanics of the dirt racing games are a totally different challenge altogether, and sometimes I think people need that change to keep things interesting.

You might be able to beat everyone on a track, but on the dirt it's a completely different story!

D

Deleted member 57331

The first dirt game I played was Colin McRae Rally on my friends PS2, probably about 8 years ago. I actually didn't play that many dirt games until MX vs. ATV on my friends Xbox a couple years ago, and then Dirt 3 and Dirt Rally.

Wubwub

I actually just got the new Dirt Rally and I'm really enjoying it. I turned off everything on the HUD and just listen to what my co-driver tells me to get around. It's challenging, but really fun.
Wow I've never thought about doing this before. Must be great since it's the most realistic. I think I'd love to give this a try someday but probably I'd need to try and practice the regular way first.

1_8t

Mine was NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona for gamecube. I always loved NASCAR games and this one sparked my interest in dirt racing. Even the computers would do such greasy maneuvers and it was all about drifting and spinning people out. Shortly after this I even convinced my parents to drive me an hour away from town to watch a real dirt track in action. It just takes such a different type of driver and skills, the change up was really cool to see.

This site actually got me into looking up dirt racing games. I was curious at what it was, as I have never heard video games like it before, and I have played both realistic (Gran Turismo) and fictional (Mario Kart) racing games. I was really surprised, this genre has a certain grit in it, and it's not just a cut and dry race like realistic race games, it actually has obstacles and it's basically a hybrid between realistic and fictional racing, but with an extra emphasis on graphics and the environment.

Sworden

I think the first dirt racing game I played was ages back on one of the old consoles, I think an original playstation.
It was only recently though, when Dirt 3 went on games with gold, that I started playing these games again. So in terms of what got me into it, it would be a general interest in racing games, and getting Dirt 3 for free with games for gold.

JoshPosh

I grew up in the country and off road comes with the territory. So naturally racing off road is something I'm familiar with. My whole life I have owned and operated off road vehicles. So it does come naturally to me.

lisasian86

I played one at a friends house and was just hooked from then, I find it so much more exciting and engaging than regular racing games (although I like those too) and I think it's more of a challenge which I like.

madinracing

Need for speed V-rally got me into the dirt racing genre a little bit. I enjoyed playing that game for awhile until some of the games offered much better graphics then I was hooked with the scenery and such.
Yes, I remember that game. It is an awesome game. I used to play it for hours.

madinracing

I played one at a friends house and was just hooked from then, I find it so much more exciting and engaging than regular racing games (although I like those too) and I think it's more of a challenge which I like.
I like the people who like challenges. You sound like one of those people.

raceman998

While I'm sure we all have different reasons for first playing dirt racing games, your reply did make me wonder how many other people have actually started playing these games due to real life experiences?
Yes, you are aboslutely right. It's due to real life experiences.

Denis Hard

For me it was curiosity. At first it was off road bike racing flash games. The games felt different from when asphalt arcade racers but when I played my first dirt racing game, I was hooked. The only thing I don't like about the genre is the fact that there aren't too many excellent dirt racing games.

justrace

What got me into the genre are the sounds that the engines make and the tracks. Nothing beats the sound of a flock of motocross bikes or the roars from a bunch of 1000HP trucks. Add in all the dirt and it can never get boring.
The dirt racing game had some cool features unlike the general racing games and that is why many people love that game and I also love playing it.