Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Need for Speed Rivals There's a Need for Speed movie coming out next month.

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

CeliVega

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed_(film)

I am actually pretty interested in knowing how will they handle it. But I am not expecting too much though. Movies adapted from games are pretty hard to do because movies lack interactivity from the user side. But still, there is some good adaptions out there, so perhaps we can wait and see how it will turn out eh?

Esperahol

Movie adaptations aren't bad because they lack interactivity - they're generally bad because they are being summarized by someone who generally has never actually played the game. That's why this movie has a good chance of not sucking - it's basically going to be a clone of Fast and Furious... so yeah.

StarFox64

I'm pretty excited to see it purely because it has Aaron Paul in it :)
This. Paul can act. Hopefully we can get a Heisenberg appearance, haha!

Does anyone know if the movie is picking a specific game to relate to or if it's basically just using the title?

Kandikkal

I am not sure whether this can make it big like Fast and Furious series. Wiki says it is an adaptation of NFS series by EA. The plot shown in wiki is not that much good. I hope the movie comes out with awesome races.

Esperahol

I am not sure whether this can make it big like Fast and Furious series. Wiki says it is an adaptation of NFS series by EA. The plot shown in wiki is not that much good. I hope the movie comes out with awesome races.

It doesn't have to make it big - it just has to not completely suck at the office. If it makes back it's cost plus half as much again then it should be fine. That said I'm honestly not all that much interested in it.

StarFox64

Really, not too interested in it either. Hasn't "Fast and the Furious" pretty much done it all already? Only like Paul as an actor, but really, haven't thought twice about going to see it at the theaters. I'll just wait until it gets released to Redbox and I might pick it up.

Wubwub

I'm not too excited to see it, and I'll probably just see it once it comes out on Bluray if ever I will watch it. It kind of looks generic to me and I'm honestly more of a fan of the original F&F movies anyway. I think that was the only series that really got the racing aspect done well, and I think this is closer to the latter sequels than the first few ones, so I'm not terribly interested in it.

Kandikkal

Really, not too interested in it either. Hasn't "Fast and the Furious" pretty much done it all already? Only like Paul as an actor, but really, haven't thought twice about going to see it at the theaters. I'll just wait until it gets released to Redbox and I might pick it up.
As Paul is gone now, I don't think Fast and Furious have anything to boast off anymore. I don't like Vin Diesel much.

jbeavis100

I'm going to watch it because it reminds of those cheesy ass cutscenes from most wanted and company. Those were so cheesy they made me laugh. I can't wait.

rebel

The movie is already out and I can't wait to buy the tickets. I'm sure Aaron will do a great job, plus he's already an a-lister from Breaking Bad, so the movie is just meant to be a success.

Esperahol

I'm going to watch it because it reminds of those cheesy ass cutscenes from most wanted and company. Those were so cheesy they made me laugh. I can't wait.

I'm Esperahol and I endorse this message. Seriously though this is going to most likely be hilarious in an unintentional manner.

mikelouis

The movie is featuring one of my best actors from breaking bad I hope he will have the same outstanding performance just as he did in breaking bad.

froggy666

From what I have seen of the film it looks good. It really looks good. I feel like they seemed to have nailed the sense of urgency from the trailers. It's funny to think that Arron is a star in the United Kingdom even though he has yet to have a film or show on TV here. All of his work can only be seen online.

Jun Yun

So, has anybody seen it yet and had a chance to rate it.. I still haven't seen it, but it's out now, right?
It's been out for quite some time now. Personally loved it. Sure it has a so-so story, but the action is just amazing. Defintely worth a watch.

Ghost Rider

So, what happened to the movie? Was it a box office hit or was it a flop? I didn't hear a lot about it in my vicinity. I didn't even get to watch a trailer. I guess not a lot of people here embraced it. The Fast and the Furious franchise still holds the hearts of racing enthusiasts. The popularity of a game does not translate to high movie revenues.