Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Rockstar NOT Banning For Singleplayer Mods

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

troutski

Despite initial reports of players being banned for singleplayer mods, Rockstar has reported that was done in error and that accounts have been restored. Players are being banned for multiplayer mods, but singleplayer mods are OK with Rockstar. That's how it should be.

Wubwub

I think that is just fair. It's okay to use it in single player since no one else is affected. Maybe if a group is able to have an agreed upon rule for mods then it should be allowed but that sounds too complex to pull off.

Yeah, I agree that that's the way it should be. After all, they're only trying to keep a stable multiplayer experience.

I'm excited to see what mods people come up with, maybe one of them will push me to get it on pc.

teabwoi

Yeah I really do not think that there should be a problem with single player mods I do understand that it makes sense to ban it from multiplayer for sure.

troutski

What most people assumed was happening is that Rockstar's servers were banning people that used mods in single or multiplayer as soon as they signed online. However, the system must have been fixed to prevent singleplayer mod users from being banned the moment they signed into GTA Online.

AmenoKaji

You know they say it was an error but I honestly think that's because of the backlash it caused within the community, I won't give them the benefit of a doubt on this one. But at least people got their accounts restored, at least the ones that weren't cheating in multiplayer.

FuZyOn

Good to hear! I've heard a lot of things about this and I was baffled. I knew for sure that it was an error and I'm glad things are okay now!

troutski

You know they say it was an error but I honestly think that's because of the backlash it caused within the community, I won't give them the benefit of a doubt on this one. But at least people got their accounts restored, at least the ones that weren't cheating in multiplayer.

Rockstar is the same company that let mods in GTA IV happen without a problem. The company even assured players that singeplayer mods would be accepted in GTA V, so there's no reason to think that Rockstar was being unscrupulous here. It's not hard to see how it could have been an error, and it's been fixed, more than likely due to an actual mistake instead of a reaction to backlash.

AmenoKaji

Rockstar is the same company that let mods in GTA IV happen without a problem. The company even assured players that singeplayer mods would be accepted in GTA V, so there's no reason to think that Rockstar was being unscrupulous here. It's not hard to see how it could have been an error, and it's been fixed, more than likely due to an actual mistake instead of a reaction to backlash.
You never know. AS long as they fixed it in the cases where they were in error, that's all that really matters. For anyone that was actually doing something dirty and they're banned for it, well sucks to be them. :p

ashrick

I kind of wish they allowed multiplayer mods a lot of them are really cool. Some of them are pretty hilarious as well!

Wubwub

Yeah, I agree that that's the way it should be. After all, they're only trying to keep a stable multiplayer experience.

I'm excited to see what mods people come up with, maybe one of them will push me to get it on pc.
Me too, but I've heard they are discouraging it for PC users this time around. I think it's because it messes up the environment or something. Hopefully it will still be allowed in the end because I like seeing what people come up with.