Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

PC Games That Got You Addicted

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Wubwub

I don't know what it is about playing games on a PC, but to me it's a lot easier to get addicted to them than on consoles, especially ones that are best suited for PC to begin with. When I say this, I think mostly of the Sims game. I'm not exactly sure which one got me addicted the most, and I know it's kind of a waste of time, but building houses and relationships got pretty addictive for me once. Good thing I have a lot of self control and gave it up after a month of playing, or else I'd have bought and finished every version. Which games made PC gaming addicts out of you?

rossonomous

Counter Strike Source mainly - I got good really quick and played in teams and quite competitively. Never got bored.

wowtgp

I find that I get addicted o pretty much every game that has a modding community. I play them for literally forever. As aa matter of fact, I still have Skyrim and New Vegas installed in my PC since they have a really amazing modding community with amazing content to play all the time. You will never run out of things t do in the game.

phatboi

Unreal tournament was what got me into PC FPS games in the most serious way, shame there's not that many fast pace shooters for PC anymore.

WiccanWitch

So don't laugh, but it was games like Bejewelled and Collapse that got me into the world of PC gaming. Of course, I was much younger, at least 10 years ago. I haven't had the chance to play many PC games though. My hubby played SimCity a lot on here, and plays Minecraft a lot. Those were his doorway games. ;)

xlzqwerty1

Counter Strike is a very addicting and fast - paced FPS shooter. I've played it ever since I was small, so basically I grew up playing it. Not only is it fun to play with friends, it's also a very competitive game, often hosted with MLG tournaments worldwide.

orz

I think I speak for everyone when I saw World of Warcraft and Runescape, I'd imagine most gamers to have at least some experience with one of those 2.

rossonomous

Now it's been mentioned.. Runescape was probably the one that really got me started before CSS. I spent mornings before school and evenings after school on that every day.

Wubwub

So don't laugh, but it was games like Bejewelled and Collapse that got me into the world of PC gaming. Of course, I was much younger, at least 10 years ago. I haven't had the chance to play many PC games though. My hubby played SimCity a lot on here, and plays Minecraft a lot. Those were his doorway games. ;)
Hey I got addicted to Bejeweled too! Back then there weren't too many other games so I'll bet many others got addicted to it too. To me, it was kind of like Tetris for that generation.

GetFresh

Runescape, hands down. I have spent more than 400 days clocked into that game. It pains just thinking about how much time I spend on that game. I started playing back in 2004 all the way to late 2011. I have maxed out skills numerous times on my various accounts. It was a decent game and for sure kept me hooked.

Boundless

The games that got me addicted the most were Diablo II:LoD, World of Warcraft:WotLK (probably the most) and the newly released GTA:V!

Solar

I was addicted to Borderlands 2 like the damn thing was crack or something. I got better, though... but only because I'm waiting for the PS Vita version before going back, since I most likely won't be able to transfer saves.

xxsaumitraxx

I was addicted to Battlefield and even after such a long time, I still can't stop playing it. Another game that I can't stop thinking about is Battlefield Play4Free, which is an online FPS game and happens to be my favorite game these days. I just wish that release some new maps because I'm bored with the old maps. Need something new in the game :)

CelTek

Transport Tycoon is the first game that really got me hooked. My friends and I would have competitions - How much money do you have by year 2050 for instance. That game was at least 15 years ago, and I still pick it up occasionally :) Usually OpenTTD these days though.

Solar

I was addicted to Battlefield and even after such a long time, I still can't stop playing it. Another game that I can't stop thinking about is Battlefield Play4Free, which is an online FPS game and happens to be my favorite game these days. I just wish that release some new maps because I'm bored with the old maps. Need something new in the game :)

Is that "Play4Free" game any good? I think all I remember hearing about it was people complaining that it was Pay-to-Win.

justusforus

I remember the old pinball games and the balloon bursting ones that continued to get faster as the layers progressed. I kept trying to beat my "best" and realized I had lost an entire night when I saw the sun rising.

I used to play a lot of PC games but I don't think I got addicted to any of them before CS 1.6. I think I used to play that one at least 5-6 hours a day at one point of time.

BelgianRockfan

The first game that got me really addicted was Age of Empires 2. I didn't have a lot of other games at the time, and my internet connection was so bad I could hardly play anything online, so I played AoE II almost exclusively for a couple of years. After that my internet connection got better and I got addicted to Runescape.

Laceto

Counter Strike, League of Legends, San Andreas Multiplayer (mod). Counter Strike was the first game, didn't play it that much. But then LoL and SAMP, I have easily clocked over 1000 hours on both. Insanely addictive.

Qamra

I'm a recovering Minecraft addict. I spent months on servers and single player.
'Fortunately' I lost my saves when my computer broke and I just couldn't be bothered to play again. I have it installed now and there two updates since I stopped playing. I might come back to it when I get bored with all new games I found.