Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).
Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

crafftyshark

I think that GTA V is more of a criminal game than a racing game, it is about accomplishing missions not as much to do with the driving aspect. What do you think?

hempwick

I have to agree with you, although the ability to race online in multiplayer is really cool. I like the way the vehicles handle, and especially GTA Races where you can use weapons are fun.

TheViper

GTA was never about racing unless you meant running away from cops. There may be some side missions where you had to race against someone but nothing that made it a racing game.

True but then again it's not my forum. If whoever owns it wants GTA V then it'll stay here. It does have some racing missions here and there.

erronousRogue

I think GTA qualifies as a "true" sandbox, in the sense that it isn't really about anything. Sure, crime and missions are generally at the core of the series, but you can choose to follow any route and play it basically however you want. You can "make" it a game solely about driving vehicles and racing if you want to.

wowtgp

While driving is fun, it's nowhere close to games like Dirt and Forza that are all about racing. It need not be exceptional at driving to be honest. It just does enough to keep us engaged.

jbeavis100

Well, I think it qualifies if you think about it's multiplayer. You spend alot of time in cars in general though so I would think so.

Oakster

It's not really a driving simulation, but it is a simulation game where you can drive, if that makes sense.
The driving isn't the main focus of the game, but I think it can make sense to have the forum here for discussing the game, as the driving is very high quality and you have plenty of cars and you can even do some tuning.

rossonomous

The game is not a racing game. It's a massive open world with no specific category to sit in. Although racing is a fun part of it, there is a lot more focus on other aspects of the game.

goaboa

I think gta games now, like gta 4 and 5 are more about racing. Before with Gta 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, racing wasn't really that fun because you had to be careful in not wrecking your car, otherwise it would blow up and cars easily get damaged fast in those games. Now, racing is fun, cars don't get damaged so easily, and also not as frustrating to race as in previous gta titles.

Ghost Rider

GTA was never really marketed or sold as a racing game in the first place. Yes, there are racing minigames within the game but that's not the main thing. Like erronousRogue said, it's a sandbox game which tries to simulate real life. But at its core, it's mainly an action adventure game.