Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

New Video Claims The Crew is ‘The World’s Greatest Playground’

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).
S

Shawn Hopkins

new-video-claims-the-crew-is-the.jpg

Ubisoft has released a new promo video for The Crew that makes the bold claim that it will be “The World’s Greatest Playground.” That’s right there in the title. Can it live up to the hype?

Similar in style and tone to previous Ubisoft videos for Watch Dogs, this four minute video hits The Crew’s major hype points:

• Twelve major cities
  • Diverse and distinct environments
  • A 1900 square-mile open-world map
  • If you can see it, you can drive there
  • Fast-travel without loading screens
  • Leveling and secret locations where you can scavenge parts for rare cars
  • Crews of up to 4 players for coop

It also lays out some of the mission types and skill challenges in the game.

Missions include: Go To, Collection, Getaway, Follow (a car), Takedown and Outrun. There are also races for up to 7 players.

Skill challenges include: Climb, Escape, Follow ( a racing line), Jump and Slalom.

This video is the first of a series and promises the next video will focus on social features in the game.

The Crew will be out Nov. 11 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, and PC.

A closed console beta is set for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions some time in late September. An exact date has not yet been finalized.

Ubisoft had already announced that PC players will get a second closed PC beta starting Aug. 25. You can sign up for both beta events here.

The post New Video Claims The Crew is ‘The World’s Greatest Playground’ appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

To me it sounds a little bit like a racing version of Fallout or Skyrim, but I wonder if there will be weapons like Need for Speed Rivals? It would sure add more dynamic events and play, and add a more competitive tone. It would also provide some incentive to explore more, and it would turn it from a boring, generic racing game with a huge open world into a competitive, deadly, almost Mad Max style demolition derby.

wowtgp

We already know that it's going to be awesome. I had a chance to played the beta and I can say that I ma already sold on this game. No need for any other trailer or gameplay to convince me. I am going to buy it.

Wubwub

I think it will live up to the hype but as for being the greatest playground I guess that's subjective. I'm sure a lot of non race game fans would disagree but among the racing game fans I think it will do well enough.

In terms of open world racing games, I've only played Burnout Paradise, and Grand Theft Auto 4/5 if you consider them racing. Crew is the biggest world I've seen so far, and the fact it mixes in MMO elements makes it my dream game. It combines my 3 favorite genres (Open world, racing, and MMO), and puts them all together. After the terrible Ac Unity and Watchdogs launches, I might wait a month or two to buy it (as painful as it would be)

Ghost Rider

And Wii U users are again left in the dust.

By the way, I think that GTA 5 is currently the world's greatest playground. I can't imagine how The Crew could ever top that game if it's just purely a racing game.

troutski

Since you can mostly only race in the game, it can't possibly be considered the world's greatest playground. Even older GTA titles offer more things to do within the open world map. So this claim falls flat immediately.

Kamarsun1

new-video-claims-the-crew-is-the.jpg

Ubisoft has released a new promo video for The Crew that makes the bold claim that it will be “The World’s Greatest Playground.” That’s right there in the title. Can it live up to the hype?

Similar in style and tone to previous Ubisoft videos for Watch Dogs, this four minute video hits The Crew’s major hype points:

• Twelve major cities
  • Diverse and distinct environments
  • A 1900 square-mile open-world map
  • If you can see it, you can drive there
  • Fast-travel without loading screens
  • Leveling and secret locations where you can scavenge parts for rare cars
  • Crews of up to 4 players for coop

It also lays out some of the mission types and skill challenges in the game.

Missions include: Go To, Collection, Getaway, Follow (a car), Takedown and Outrun. There are also races for up to 7 players.

Skill challenges include: Climb, Escape, Follow ( a racing line), Jump and Slalom.

This video is the first of a series and promises the next video will focus on social features in the game.

The Crew will be out Nov. 11 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, and PC.

A closed console beta is set for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions some time in late September. An exact date has not yet been finalized.

Ubisoft had already announced that PC players will get a second closed PC beta starting Aug. 25. You can sign up for both beta events here.

The post New Video Claims The Crew is ‘The World’s Greatest Playground’ appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...
There is a lot of hype about this game but I haven't heard to many reviews as of yet. Game spot gave it 2 stars. I Think GTA is a better buy if you ask me.

Corten

Yeah, no... I have everything that Ubisoft releases with a grain of salt. A few years ago I thought they were decent developers, but after this year with Watch Dogs and AC:Unity. I don't know, I'd rather spend my money on some other racing game or just GTA 5 as some other users said.