Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

New Gran Turismo 6 DLC Will Honor Formula One Legend Ayrton Senna

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).
S

Shawn Hopkins

A content update coming to Gran Turismo 6 will add new cars and challenges based on the career of legendary Brazilian racer Ayrton Senna, who won three Formula One world championships before his career was tragically cut short by an accident in 1994.

The free update, coming May 27, includes the Ayrton Senna Tribute content and is a collaboration between Polyphony Digital and the Ayrton Senna Institute.

It will include one of Senna’s first go-karts, and the Lotus 97T that Senna drove during his second Formula One season in 1985.

There are also some Senna events which challenge players to beat his times on the courses he ran, including:

Lotus 97T
Course: Monza ’85 layout
Target Time: Senna’s pole position time 1’25.084

Lotus 97T
Course: Brands Hatch ’85 layout
Target Time: Senna’s pole position time 1’07.169

The Lotus is free if can unlock it by earning bronze or better on the challenges, or you can buy it with cash.

“To racing fans around the world, the name Senna evokes a range of emotions. This speaks volumes about what Ayrton Senna represents to so many people. For me, he is a personal hero; someone who inspired me to go on the course I am on today,” Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of Gran Turismo and President of Polyphony Digital, Inc. said in a press release.

“I am honored to be able to introduce him to the younger generation of racing fans through Gran Turismo. I feel it is a responsibility and privilege to continue his work and legacy through the Ayrton Senna Institute and am grateful to be able to do my part in fulfilling his wish to improve the lives of the millions of children who are supported by the Institute.”

More information about Senna and how the Senna institute helps schools in Brazil is at the Gran Turismo Senna tribute site.

[Source: Playstation Blog]

The post New Gran Turismo 6 DLC Will Honor Formula One Legend Ayrton Senna appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...