Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

The Crew How long do you think The Crew will last?

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

wowtgp

The Crew is an MMO which means it is meant to be an endless pool of racing content. But there will be a tipping point where we will get bored of it. How much time do you think you will devote to this game before playing other games?

Wubwub

I think MMOs have the potential to go on for very long periods of time, as evidenced by many of its predecessors. The only differentiating factor here is that this time it's all about cars, and it's on consoles, so there may be less of a following, but I think it can still last for a very long time if they do it right.

I agree with Wubwub. MMOs DO have the potential to last a very long time, but they have to be executed perfectly. If there's a bug, the developers need to hotfix the bug swiftly and well. If you're a gamer like me, bugs in a game tend to really hurt my view of the game.

However, if The Crew does turn out to be executed perfectly, it has the potential to last a very, very long time like other classic MMOs such as RuneScape and WoW.

BRyze

I'm not sure MMOs have the ability to last for a long time. The problem is this requires a constant content to keep the players interested and happy. The problem is The Crew doesn't seem to have a lot of content.

Wubwub

I agree with Wubwub. MMOs DO have the potential to last a very long time, but they have to be executed perfectly. If there's a bug, the developers need to hotfix the bug swiftly and well. If you're a gamer like me, bugs in a game tend to really hurt my view of the game.

However, if The Crew does turn out to be executed perfectly, it has the potential to last a very, very long time like other classic MMOs such as RuneScape and WoW.
You're right. If they execute it as perfectly as Blizzard did for WoW then it has the chance to garner a similar hardcore set of fan base. The only thing I'd say might be different is that not as many people might like racing games in that way, but we'll just have to see.

Qarnage

I'd give it at least a year if they don't completely screw up during the release. Wether or not the lifespan is longer depends on the content that is going to be added after release. Huge prices for DLC will be a turn-off for many people, including me, so if that happens then I won't give it much longer

tdog6236

It looks like I will be playing it for a month or two before I will get a little bored. But that is where they need to be adding new stuff constantly to keep me and everyone else interested. It's going to fun as hell for the first month though.

jaray87

I agree with Tdog - going to be fun for a few months I'd say. Equally or even more fun would be the multi-crew mode where we can play with friends down the stretch. I guess start out mastering with the single player mode, drive coast to coast and then get into some criminal activity with your crew. Just some ways I'd imagine would keep the game interesting for a long time.

If I decide to get this game in the end I think I will probably spend about one or two weeks on it exclusively and then move on. I tend to play new multiplayer games non-stop for a few weeks and then play them sporadically from then on, it's just the way I work.

Squigly

It depends on the size of the playerbase and how often the devs intend to update the game. Also if there are any monetary barriers into entering the game.

Kinda off-topic, but case in point: Payday 1 was released free for all people to redeem on Steam for today. The player numbers just jumped from less than 1000 to over 28000! That game is likely to go on for a while, despite Payday 2 being released quite a while ago.

Unlikely to be honest, as a racing game it's already at a disadvantage compared to most other MMOs where there's a wider variety in gameplay. Compare that to racing and in general you're massively limited in what you can do beyond driving fast to a new location or taking down other racers, it's too limited in variety to last more than a couple years at most even with new content. You've also got the issue that in general racing games aren't as popular as 1st/3rd person action adventure games so building a large racing community around that long term is very tricky.

Wubwub

It looks like I will be playing it for a month or two before I will get a little bored. But that is where they need to be adding new stuff constantly to keep me and everyone else interested. It's going to fun as hell for the first month though.
I agree, I think this is what it will be like for the average player. I'm sure this game is just the tip of the iceberg though and they probably I will be coming out with something much better as a sequel.

GenevB

Well I think that the game will last until there is another game like it, but which exceeds its features. This might happen in half year or even a year, but when it shall happen, if The Crew won't come with anything new, they shall lose a lot of players.

jurew2

I think that we will enjoy this game for quite some time, because it's an open world game with a huge map. You won't explore the whole map in a week and there are so many things that you can do there that won't get boring soon. I think that the game will be played until one, better game will be released, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

xlSynergy

Honestly, I think a while. Looks like there's a lot of stuff to do. Only thing is free roaming with friends isn't that fun. It's cool doing a cross country trip, but it gets boring after once or twice.

Well, to its benefit, if it's a MMO style game, it may last awhile. But it's longevity will more than likely be dictated in the first month of sales.

In order for this game to survive long term, it has to have at least semi average sales. Then you have to take into account how well you think Ubisoft will support the game if the sales aren't at their standard.

Honestly, I'd love to say I see this lasting a long time. But I see maybe 5 years at the most out of it.

wowtgp

Well, to its benefit, if it's a MMO style game, it may last awhile. But it's longevity will more than likely be dictated in the first month of sales.

In order for this game to survive long term, it has to have at least semi average sales. Then you have to take into account how well you think Ubisoft will support the game if the sales aren't at their standard.

Honestly, I'd love to say I see this lasting a long time. But I see maybe 5 years at the most out of it.

I have heard that they are really happy with pre-orders. It means that they have already succeeded. The only thing we'd like to know now are the official numbers.

@wowtgp

I wouldn't put stock in that. Regardless of their pre orders being good or bad, ALL companies will flat out tell you "we're pleased with the numbers".

Proof of how true that is will be in how much support the game gets after release. Because a company can/will tell you whatever they want. Their actions are what you should go by, not their words.

I'm still playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 and enjoying it. I guess it depends on your play style - do you rush through games or do you take your time? Do you want to drive and upgrade every single car to its fullest potential? Do you want to collect all the wrecks? Do you want to find all the landmarks and drive on all the roads?

If the answer is yes to all of that then you can certainly get years out of the game I would imagine.