Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

GTA 5: Rockstar Editor comes to PS4 and Xbox One in the next update

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

BluBird

Rockstar has casually announced that the PS4 and Xbox One versions of GTA 5 will soon get the Rockstar Editor.

The Rockstar Editor, one of the main selling points of the PC version of GTA 5, is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Rockstar promised us as much back in May, but never mentioned it since. Today, in a blog post celebrating the winners of the Ill Gotten Gains Editor Contest, Rockstar confirmed that the next update to hit PS4 and Xbox One will include the Editor.

As a result, the next Editor Contest will for the first time include console players.

The Editor is pretty robust, and PC players have been consistently producing excellent content. From silly intro recreations to more nuanced standalone shorts, the community is covering it all.

We’ll let you know as soon as we have a date.

Susime

Oh boy this could be big!

I am actually pretty excited about this. Looking forward to having a go with it and seeing what I can come up with.

FuZyOn

Yeah, this is pretty big news! The Rockstar Editor was definitely missing from GTA 5 on those consoles, and I'm glad they're finally adding it!

Wubwub

I'm looking forward to this. I think a lot of console people probably have never even given this much thought but I'm sure once it is available everyone will pick it up and have a blast with it so I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Susime

I'm looking forward to this. I think a lot of console people probably have never even given this much thought but I'm sure once it is available everyone will pick it up and have a blast with it so I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
That's what I'm looking forward to!

When it gets released on the consoles I'm hoping that there's some sort of option added where you can see what others have created and uploaded.

Wubwub

That's what I'm looking forward to!

When it gets released on the consoles I'm hoping that there's some sort of option added where you can see what others have created and uploaded.
True. Either that, or I'll just look up some clips on youtube which is what I already do now anyway, and I can't wait for the tons of new and creative content that will come with this.

Susime

True. Either that, or I'll just look up some clips on youtube which is what I already do now anyway, and I can't wait for the tons of new and creative content that will come with this.

When I've been just aimlessly driving around and causing destruction I've been thinking about what clips I could come up with, and at the moment I have not got anything in mind other than shots of pulling backflips on the dirt bike.

Do you have any ideas in mind?

Wubwub

When I've been just aimlessly driving around and causing destruction I've been thinking about what clips I could come up with, and at the moment I have not got anything in mind other than shots of pulling backflips on the dirt bike.

Do you have any ideas in mind?
I once saw a video of someone trying to make it through the whole railing of a bridge just using a motorbike and I even found one that goes through a plane door while skydiving. It's really amazing what people are coming up with that are sort of mini challenges they set up for themselves and I'm sure there will be much more variations in the future.

Susime

I once saw a video of someone trying to make it through the whole railing of a bridge just using a motorbike and I even found one that goes through a plane door while skydiving. It's really amazing what people are coming up with that are sort of mini challenges they set up for themselves and I'm sure there will be much more variations in the future.
It reminds me of a video I saw shortly after GTA 5 released. The video was of someone flying a plane through the Mt Chilliad tunnel. That guy was a really good flyer.

Wubwub

It reminds me of a video I saw shortly after GTA 5 released. The video was of someone flying a plane through the Mt Chilliad tunnel. That guy was a really good flyer.
Yeah I've seen a few videos of these stunts and from what I understand they call it something like threading the needle and it really is impressive not only for the players but also for the game itself.

Susime

Yeah I've seen a few videos of these stunts and from what I understand they call it something like threading the needle and it really is impressive not only for the players but also for the game itself.

I've heard that saying before and getting that plane in that tunnel could only be described as threading the needle. Some really good flying that I could never hope to achieve haha!

Wubwub

I've heard that saying before and getting that plane in that tunnel could only be described as threading the needle. Some really good flying that I could never hope to achieve haha!
Lol same here. I'm always very envious of these people who have the patience to practice it over and over enough times to make a single video look so cool. Although since they are uploaded I can just live vicariously through them anyway.

Susime

The amount of good stunt videos I've seen shows that there are some really talented people out there.

From the SA days I saw quite a few videos of people performing really brilliant stunts using a multitude of vehicles that made the video really creative.

FuZyOn

The amount of good stunt videos I've seen shows that there are some really talented people out there.

From the SA days I saw quite a few videos of people performing really brilliant stunts using a multitude of vehicles that made the video really creative.
Yup, I wish there was something like this for GTA:VC as well. Even though I loved the cinematic camera I was doing a lot of stunts, an editor would've been pretty handy.

Susime

Yup, I wish there was something like this for GTA:VC as well. Even though I loved the cinematic camera I was doing a lot of stunts, an editor would've been pretty handy.
I'm sure somewhere out there on the internet there's a mod that gives different camera angles.

As for recording, Fraps is a godsend.

FuZyOn

I'm sure somewhere out there on the internet there's a mod that gives different camera angles.

As for recording, Fraps is a godsend.
My computer doesn't get along too well with Fraps (I bought the PC recently, so no piece of hardware is outdated). Maybe you're right, but I won't bother since the game is pretty old already! :p