Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Favorite Steam Games

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

primaLucid

Hey guys! What are your favorite Steam games? I mostly use Origen just for Battlefield 3 and 4, and I was thinking about getting into Steam. Are there any good Steam games currently on sale or on the market? Thanks for your replies!

niiro17

My favorite Steam Game is Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Best Game ever 10/10. No really I love it, the best fps game and very competitive than most of all the games I've played.

Wubwub

I like Counter Strike but I honestly love watching it a bit more than playing because I'm not too good at it and seeing the ones that are is very amusing to me. I'm also very curious about Dota 2 and I hope to get to play it when I buy a new computer.

xlzqwerty1

I've got almost a thousand hours on Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) now. Arguably the best competitive first person shooter game out there, and it's very team involved. Hoping to get GTA V sometime soon though, as I'd love to add that to my steam library and play it with my friends.

I'd probably say my top 3 are Garry's Mod, CS:GO, and Team Fortress 2. TF2 is free, but the other ones cost money. But luckily I got them during a sale! I'd definitely recommend buying Garry's Mod and/or CS:GO when you get the chance. They're pretty good games.

mssfgaming

For sure CS:GO. The competitive nature of the game is just so addicting and when you play with your friends, the teamwork is uncanny to win. Sales in the Steam library are like holidays for PC gamers and CS:GO is always on sale because its Valve developed. The game is probably the closest thing to the E-sports casually for gamers out there.

theGIJST

Well, you can't really consider them STEAM games. Steam is a platform where you can buy MANY games, you can buy almost every game that there is, with the exception of recent EA titles, which are exclusive to Origin. On Steam, you can buy Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Far Cry, Total War games and pretty much anything that comes to mind. If you're, however, thinking about games that are exclusive to Steam, then Counter Strike: Global Offensive is an amazing game that will get you hooked if you're into competitive play, but even if you're not, there are casual modes. It takes a bit to get used to since you can't aim down the sights, but once you get used to it, you won't stop playing it. Another amazing game that EVERYONE has to play is Portal and Portal 2. The original Portal is a classic and has to be played, and it was given out by Valve on MANY occasions, but even if you have to get it, it's very cheap on sales (1-2€), considering that Portal 2 is usually 3.74€ on sales. Portal 2 is amazing too and it can even be played with a (girl)friend.

If you haven't played Skyrim, then what are you waiting for? It's usually very cheap on sales, and it was 3.74€ recently on summer sales for the base game and maybe 10€ for the complete collection, which include all the DLC which are worth playing. I have over 900 hours on Skyrim, so there's that.

Another game you may like is Civilization V, it is a strategy game which also goes for very cheap (7.5€ for complete collection) on sales. I have over 400 hours on that game, and it can be played alone or with and against friends or random players. It's a game where you are building your, you guessed it, civilization, and there are plenty of civilizations and historical persona to choose from, ranging from Alexandar the Great to Washington.

Want something free? Be sure to check otu Team Fortress 2, which is a free to play game, which will suck you right in if you like online shooters. I have over 500 hours on that game, but I've stopped playing it a long time ago. Another free game that you may enjoy is Dota 2. If you like League of Legends or similar games, then give Dota 2 a shot. I used to play LoL a lot before, and I occasionally play a few matches, but Dota 2 is a lot better in many ways, from graphics to gameplay mechanics.

Also, if you like WW2 games, be sure to check out Heroes & Generals, which is a free to play online WW2 shooter with a ranking system. You unlock new weapons, vehicles and even different classes to play as as you progress through the ranks. You can be a soldier, a tank operator, a pilot and recon (sniper units, basically). It's a cool little game and should give you a few days of fun, if you're into that. I've got plenty more where that came from, if you're interested.

FuZyOn

I used to play CS:GO on Steam a long time ago but right now I only play Portal 2 and Rocket League. Been having a lot of fun with the latter.

Squigly

Rocket League, DotA 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I find multiplayer games to be much more fun than single-player games, since Steam has such a huge community of gamers.

LordArkana

My Steam library is getting ridiculous, I have over 50 games. I like playing some indie games, like Geneforge, and time wasters, like Adventure Capitalist and Time Clickers. Otherwise, there are a few gems like Transistor which is an innovative gameplay. I have yet to find interesting racing games, but that may be because I'm not really looking...