Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Do you like hyper violent game?

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Ghost Rider

Have you ever tried to play hyper violent video games like God of War? I have and at first I enjoyed them. However there came a time (which is just recently) when I started to stay away from super violent games. I dunno... Maybe my preferences changed. I no longer want to see a lot of blood and gore and limbs flying all over the place. What about you?

rossonomous

I like to play them and they don't really both or affect me. I quite like seeing limbs flying all over the spot, adds to the immersion.

Esperahol

Depends on what you mean by hyper violent - like I really enjoy Bayonetta which has a hard-on for gore, but I don't really care about GOW which totally enjoys gore for gore's sake. I also enjoy Silent Hill and Mad World and such, but there approach to gore is rather different isn't it? So yeah... I guess maybe the answer is yes.

jbeavis100

Yeah but only certain ones in which the gore isn't too realistic. I don't mind blood flying around but I can't stand guts and stuff. Just not my thing.

mikelouis

I do not think they have any effect to person's mind it is just a game. There are those people who say that they were likely to commit suicide after playing the game. I am not sure that is even possible.

Wubwub

I have grown out of it as well, but to be fair, I don't think I was ever that interested with it in the first place. I don't even like it in movies, so I guess it's natural that I don't like it in video games too. It's not even that I'm disgusted by it, because often you can tell that they are just effects or CGI, but I'm just not interested.

mssfgaming

Here's the thing, games that use extreme violence just because it wants to shock the gamer and show that the game has balls is completely idiotic. If the violence is used out of the blue to shock gamers, and if the violence is unjustified and random for no reason (unless that is related to the plot) then that is also idiotic. But, if the violence is showed to explain something that nothing else can without the extra impact it needs. The Last of Us has some pretty damn violent scenes including a suicide and killing a brother. And the violence of killing the zombies. But, it was shown and integrated in the game because it was meant to show that the world is gone, shoved away for a new desolate future. Games like Metal Gear Rising: Revengance shows the main character tearing spines and consuming it, albeit a neon spine. That's supposed to be fun and it is. Just please don't use it out of character.

Balaal

Here's the thing, games that use extreme violence just because it wants to shock the gamer and show that the game has balls is completely idiotic. If the violence is used out of the blue to shock gamers, and if the violence is unjustified and random for no reason (unless that is related to the plot) then that is also idiotic. But, if the violence is showed to explain something that nothing else can without the extra impact it needs. The Last of Us has some pretty damn violent scenes including a suicide and killing a brother. And the violence of killing the zombies. But, it was shown and integrated in the game because it was meant to show that the world is gone, shoved away for a new desolate future. Games like Metal Gear Rising: Revengance shows the main character tearing spines and consuming it, albeit a neon spine. That's supposed to be fun and it is. Just please don't use it out of character.
I totally agree. Some games like Mortal Kombat use over-the-top gore and it works for them. Others just sort of throw it in there because it's cool and edgy. I will admit though, I do love splattering bodies with the gnasher on Gears of War.

mssfgaming

I totally agree. Some games like Mortal Kombat use over-the-top gore and it works for them. Others just sort of throw it in there because it's cool and edgy. I will admit though, I do love splattering bodies with the gnasher on Gears of War.

I was actually going to mention Mortal Kombat. I was going to reflect negatively to the game, but yeah, it does work for them. I guess it's like a signature in the game. And Gears of War also does have over the top violence. But, you can't really blame them. And the little bit about it's cool and edgy, I've never seen violence used in a "cool" fashion. However, I can see the edgy. Games like GTA V try to use edgy violence, like the torture scene with Trevor, but just end up in controversy.

jurew2

I like playing violent games, because it makes my stress levels drop and it's a distraction for my mind when I can't stop thinking about something. I also like the thrill of it, being the best and that no one can stand in your way, everyone who does stand in your way dies a violent death :D

Like Dead Space games.. I don't really find them at all repulsive. I enjoy seeing limbs fly everywhere and my body splitting in half. :)

Colebra

I have never played God of War.
But I have always liked violence in my games. And I don't think there's nothing wrong with...

Remember Carmageddon?
That was sweet! Listening to some Iron Maiden, running over some people and some sheep...

And I'm the kind of guy, who also likes really non-realistic stuff like games from Nintendo, where it's all about funny cartoons...

Wubwub

I like playing violent games, because it makes my stress levels drop and it's a distraction for my mind when I can't stop thinking about something. I also like the thrill of it, being the best and that no one can stand in your way, everyone who does stand in your way dies a violent death :D
It is a great way to get some aggression out in a safe environment. It's mostly why I was confused that adults back then got so uptight about it,but I guess it's only natural to worry.

ACSAPA

I don't really have a problem with a game having a lot of gore and violence as long as it's a good game overall.
There are some games that have violence but a crappy story and boring characters. Gore doesn't make a poor quality game better,
but I don't mind a well made game that has blood and limbs flying around.

wowtgp

Sometimes I need a hyper violent game to vent off and calm myself down. GTA V is a good example of that type of game.

funone22

No I'm not really into the hyper violent games because I can't take the ones that are too gory. I have never tried playing God of War and I don't think I would like it. I stay away from violent games that are bloody and all that kind of stuff. I would play a wrestling game or a sword fighting one but not one with lots of blood. It depends on what game it is and if I can handle it.

ACSAPA

Sometimes I need a hyper violent game to vent off and calm myself down. GTA V is a good example of that type of game.
I agree. Still, I don't really want the violent games I play to be too grotesquely gory. That's why I can't really do horror games, unless they're zombie related. Oh, how I love to cut down hordes of zombies. Nevertheless, I love the GTA series. It is violent, but it is also a great vent for anger, as you said.

Wubwub

That's a good point, and I feel the same way. I think it also helps a lot that they don't make the game too serious so you're able to find it amusing. It's similar to how the original Robocop supposedly went so far to the extreme of gory that it became silly which gave it its violent charm.

wowtgp

That's a good point, and I feel the same way. I think it also helps a lot that they don't make the game too serious so you're able to find it amusing. It's similar to how the original Robocop supposedly went so far to the extreme of gory that it became silly which gave it its violent charm.
The Postal series is a good example of how a game should be done. It's violent and silly at the same time. You are almost immortal in this game.

Wubwub

The Postal series is a good example of how a game should be done. It's violent and silly at the same time. You are almost immortal in this game.
I have never even heard of this game. I love the sound of its description thug so I'll definitely check it out. If it's anywhere near the silliness of GTA I'm in.