Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Do you care about the story?

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Ghost Rider

Majority of the games that come out now have stories to tell. Some just present the story in plain text while others do it in full CG cinematics. I love games with a great story. I don't skip any conversation or dialogue and I watch every single movie that the game throws at me. What about you? Do you care about the game's story too? Or do you skip each and every cinematic movie there is?

TheViper

The games story is what makes the game great. I think those that play games because of the graphics of to just win miss the whole point. There was a period where games had great graphics but the story was lacking. I love games with great stories to tell and if it has great graphics then it is a bonus.

Screenager1988

While gameplay is always king, I love a good story to really involve me in the game.

Games like GTA and Mass Effect really hook me in with the lore and the story just makes you feel like part of the world, especialy when most games have similar shooting mechanics - the character and story can really set them apart.

GTA 5 would be a lot more bland if it wasn't for Franklin and Michael.

jardantuan

I play games for gameplay, but I carry on playing games for the story.

Games need some sort of reason to come back to them. A lot of games aren't story driven, but they have other things going for them - online leaderboards and high scores, sandbox-style exploration, or social multiplayer modes. Obviously this doesn't fit a number of styles of game, so you need a good story to make players want to come back, and to make them feel attached to the game.

If there's one thing that really annoys me about watching other people play games, it's those people that don't watch any cutscenes and just skip them to get back to the gameplay. They usually don't have a clue what they're doing from that point on, of course.

Wubwub

Not at all. I hate unskippable cut scenes, and I'd rarely play a game that has that as a mechanic. There are exceptions, of course, but even then, I don't pay that much attention to the story. God of War, for example, is a great game, but I hate having to watch the scenes in between.

Well story is an important aspect of the game and occasionally dictates the gameplay. That said I can be happy with a game with a terrible or no story as long as the gameplay is good.

Of course I care about the story. A great story can make a game a great game. However a bad story does not make or break a game. It can however negatively affect a game or positively affect a game.

jbeavis100

Story is king in most respects but if the gameplay is good enough I can ignore story. Like in the Case of the game BLACK for PS2/Xbox. Story sucks ass but it has some of the best first person shooter gameplay..ever.

Wick99

Story is pretty important for me. Although depending on the genre it's more or less important to me. For example, Street Fighter or Tekken does not have to have such an important story IMO. However, and respectable RPG has a good story.

The story, for most games, is the most important part. In any game that is linear, like The Last of Us or Uncharted, the story is very crucial simply to keep me interested.

tdog6236

I love games with a great story. When it comes to first person shooters (CoD, Battlefield), I'd rather have a really good multiplayer. But for 3rd person shooters (The Last of Us, Gears of War), I'd rather have a great story...and multiplayer. 3rd person shooter are my favorite. Campaigns are usually better in 3rd person games.

Lucky120

I do care for the story at times, because that is why I play. I love playing games for a nice story line, but if it is a great game then i can care less for the story. I think a story line is what makes the game a little better though. I love games like infamous and watch dogs, because there is a story that you can complete, but also you can do more.

teabwoi

Hands down I would say that it is definitely the story that makes a game great to me. I think if a game has a weak story then it really doesn't make any sense to me to play the game in the first place. Like the games in the Uncharted series and also the last of Us those two games have the best story lines that I have ever seen in video games in a long time.

wowtgp

I personally don't care all that much for story to be honest. It's all about character attachment and a good lore behind a game that makes us want to find out about it. If it's anything similar to Skyrim or Destiny, I would definetely dig it.

rossonomous

Nowadays, the story is the biggest part for me. I love full cinematics and really getting engrossed in the story and characters.

wowtgp

Nowadays, the story is the biggest part for me. I love full cinematics and really getting engrossed in the story and characters.

Well, I for one am really happy that games of future will eschew away from cinematic and scripted stories an would allow us to create our own. I am really liking what I am seeing in the form of Destiny and The Division.

FosterTXT

I do care about the quality of a story in a game. I feel that a good storyline is key in most games just because it can make or break a game. I don't care so much about a good story line in racing games as I just like to race.

If you mean by the dialogue story part, then not really. I hate to say it, but I usually just skip it whenever I can. All I really want to do is just play the game itself! The story part can actually be quite interesting if you take the time to read it though. But for the most part, I just skip it.

Wubwub

@burtpovski - Me too. There are some games that I'm interested in the story enough in that I'd maybe check out a cutscene or two, and if the story integrates with the story well enough then I'd really make it a point to watch the story line, but in general, I prefer to just skip the cut scenes as well.