Crazy Taxi

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Brem, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Brem

Brem Member

I know it doesn't really qualify as a racing game, but I loved this game as a kid. Who here is a fan of the series in general? I only played Crazy Taxi and I was addicted to it. The closest I got to it a while back was with The Simpson's Road Rage, I think it was called. Wasn't as good, but I had a lot of fun.

2. davidexct

davidexct Member

I have played Crazy Taxy when I was young, it is a good game for me when I was a child, I do not remember all about it but I loved playing it.

3. a bean

a bean New Member

how can one not like crazy taxi? well, i suppose there are some but it is still one of my faves - especially vaulting off jumps, skidding sideways into taxi pickup zones and driving underwater to pick up a fare - plus, you have to like the creative/colorful ways [for the time period] the customer criticizes your driving

4. aleks4775

aleks4775 Member

Ohh god I remember playing it when I was a little kid on an arcades. It was the shit. God, so many memories. Too bad they don't have them anymore. I loved how you could knock out so many things in the city.

5. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

I first played this game at the arcades. I loved it so much that I also purchased a copy for the Dreamcast. It was fun driving around the city, trying to find shortcuts and stuff. Overall a great game. Makes me wanna be a taxi driver. :D

6. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

Crazy taxi was actually my first game for the PS2. I completed it pretty quickly and the game play wasn't that long but it was enjoyable while it lasted. Indeed it was similar to Simpsons road rage.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I have recently played that game. My younger cousin still loves it. It doesn't qualify as a racing game, but it still is a racing game in it;s own way. I loved it. But we won't be getting no sequels.

8. Solar

Solar Member

It's been a while since I've played these games but they're insanely good arcade fun. Heh, playing the PSP one on a card while riding shotgun is quite interesting to say the least.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I loved this game, and the mini games frustrated the hell out of me as they progressively got more difficult. I think it's one of the most innovative driving games out there, but it's not really my favorite to be honest. I only would play it if I had nothing else to play, and I never actively sought it out.