Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

Burnout Paradise

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

TheViper

This game has to be one of my all time favorite driving/racing games. There was literally nothing about it I could hate. In my eyes it was unique in how it presented itself and just gave off this cool factor. That is why I was very sad that Criterion Games was moving away from racing games. I mean literally it seemed like that hate hit gold with this game.

How do you guys feel about it?

Last edited:

Squigly

Well it is a really fun arcadey experience, but it's really meant for single player in my opinion. The game physics are such that you can create ludicrous takeouts at breakneck speed, but if in multiplayer you and another player are bashing your cars against each other how does the game decide which car to send flying?

I really liked the chaining of burnouts though, and burning laps. It was fun trying to avoid traffic at such an insane speed.

Qarnage

The burnout games have always been fun to play. They're just so explosive, which makes them really different from any other type of racing games. The game would often feel more like a puzzle game rather than a racing game, which is honestly really fun and kind of a nice change compared to other racing games where you're most of the time just mindlessly racing. I'd say the burnout series were very innovative so far and I can't wait for a next game to come out.

Squigly

The burnout games have always been fun to play. They're just so explosive, which makes them really different from any other type of racing games. The game would often feel more like a puzzle game rather than a racing game, which is honestly really fun and kind of a nice change compared to other racing games where you're most of the time just mindlessly racing. I'd say the burnout series were very innovative so far and I can't wait for a next game to come out.

As much as I want another Burnout game as well I'm afraid that it's not going to happen. The last game in the series was Burnout Paradise more than 5 years ago, and there has been no news since.

Wubwub

As much as I want another Burnout game as well I'm afraid that it's not going to happen. The last game in the series was Burnout Paradise more than 5 years ago, and there has been no news since.
This is terrible news. It's one of the best racing games out there and definitely the most innovative. I even consider it as my top favorite. I really hope they don't give up on it.

Qarnage

Yeah I know, I still think there's an option of them coming back though. It all started to become a little bit repetitive during the last years but I believe they can make a comeback if they really want to. Sometimes these types of games need a break to make the fans interested again, I myself would honestly love a new burnout game for the ps4 or the xbox one.

It's a really good game, and I think Criterion wanted to make a sequel but EA wouldn't let them so they made Need for Speed: Most Wanted very similar to a Burnout Paradise sequel. It's a really fun game.

TheViper

It's a really good game, and I think Criterion wanted to make a sequel but EA wouldn't let them so they made Need for Speed: Most Wanted very similar to a Burnout Paradise sequel. It's a really fun game.

Yeah, I know I read that they were moving away from racing games in general. If the thing with EA is true then that is a very silly decision on their part. Burnout seemed like of those series that could just expand with each game.

Qarnage

Yeah, I know I read that they were moving away from racing games in general. If the thing with EA is true then that is a very silly decision on their part. Burnout seemed like of those series that could just expand with each game.
That's rather sad to hear actually, I thought the EA racing games were always well-received and got them lots of sales. I guess it wasn't enough and they'd rather focus on the likes of Battlefield to get money into their pockets.

Squigly

That's rather sad to hear actually, I thought the EA racing games were always well-received and got them lots of sales. I guess it wasn't enough and they'd rather focus on the likes of Battlefield to get money into their pockets.

During that time the Need For Speed series was slowly declining, with bad reveals for NFS Shift and NFS Nitro. I suppose EA thought that it would be better to integrate the experience of the Burnout team to create a more polished product, and indeed, NFS Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted were much better games.

JessiFox

Well said, that's how I feel as well, and "explosive" is definitely fair wording ;). I really loved the Burnout games and felt like they were a lot more innovative than the average racing game. At this point I'm not sure I'm holding my breath for any more, though :(, but I would be quite excited to hear that they are coming out with more. Sometimes it's good for a series to get a little break and then start back up again stronger than before, so who knows?

Qarnage

Well said, that's how I feel as well, and "explosive" is definitely fair wording ;). I really loved the Burnout games and felt like they were a lot more innovative than the average racing game. At this point I'm not sure I'm holding my breath for any more, though :(, but I would be quite excited to hear that they are coming out with more. Sometimes it's good for a series to get a little break and then start back up again stronger than before, so who knows?
Yeah I also think there's a lack of games that require some good insight. In burnout you had to think about your actions, like I said, they are like puzzles. These days many games just want to have as much action or a very well-written story but I always feel like the gameplay aspect is being forgotten. I love it when I have to think about what is about to happen and to change my decisions based on that. I feel like Burnout was one of the few titles that really made me think.

Larrel94

Personally love this game. Bought it for the Xbox 360 and fell in love with the open world racing. Just the ability to drive casually wherever I wanted made the game an instant winner for me. I got the game again on Origin a few years ago due to the glitch that got you $20 games for free.

jurew2

I agree with you on this one. I loved this game, because it was an open world game and I love this kind of games. You could also do a lot of different things in the game that you couldnt do in any other more traditional racing games, like tricks and stuff like that.

Yeah... It's pretty sad Criteron Games is moving away from racing games, they were awesome at making such great games. The Burnout series is a series I have played for a long time, and I can say that Burnout Paradise was a true masterpiece. It just had no flaws and it was so fun! Now, hopefully some other developer will step into Criteron Games shoes.