Callback \rw\loadSkin::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).

An actual screenshot from the game...

Callback \rw\load990970::getHtml is invalid (error_invalid_class).
0_0.jpg

What a stunning game... If I didn't know better, I would've thought this was an actual picture from real life.

I agree that if you look really closely, you'll see it's not the most natural photo - but you have to realise that it's a still shot... imagine what it looks like in game!

But on first glance, you'd have to have an incredible eye to see it's fake.

Brad

The game-play is amazing and not to mention how realistic some of the physics are this just 1 of the amazing bits of GTA.

xlzqwerty1

As a person who dabbles in graphical art and 3D art renders, I can tell on first glance that it's fake. While it is undoubtedly a beautiful game, even for the PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics currently, the colours are visibly off from the real life colours that we perceive from water, waves and foam. The yellowish foam kind of gives it away that the water looks fake in this image.

Jellyfish

I think that the sea looks really realistic but the boat and the buildings in the background don't. Still really nice.

davis

That's nice considering how liquids are so hard to model and render. But I wouldn't mistake it for the real thing.

xlzqwerty1

Liquids aren't really hard to render. They don't model the liquids nowadays, as it's all procedurally generated with algorithms. A lot of the realistic looking stuff has to do with shaders and normal maps. The reflection, the colour, the way it reacts to the game world - yep, all just shaders and programming magic. The engine is designed and programmed very well, that's for sure, but just take in note that they don't model the water.

GetFresh

This game is absolutely amazing. I got it at release and I have been playing everyday nonstop. The graphics are simply stunning and the storyline keeps me hooked. Not to mention the online play, but that makes the game so much more fun to play. All of this isn't really a surprise since hundreds of millions of dollars have been invested in this game.

Qamra

Wow this is amazing screen. Unbelievable how gaming progressed in last 15-20 years. I was floored by Skyrim graphics when I started playing it, this looks even better! I can imagine how many mods will be added if it comes out on PC, the game will look like a movie.

Susime

Really nice picture there. It looks realistic but the jaggies tend to ruin the illusion of it being a real pic. Still a nice picture though

Susime

Is it going to be released on PC? I knew there was talk about there being no release for PC but I'm not sure if that has changed or not?

Ghost Rider

Cool pic. Makes me remember one of my favorite games of all time - Final Fantasy 8. Its intro featured a body of water too and I was pretty impressed back then!
0.jpg

Now, this GTA image of the sea... It's quite amazing. How a decade could drastically change the look of games.

hempwick

I think this is what is most realistic in GTA, the water. Particularly in GTA V I think, Rockstar have done a good job in realism here. I think the graphics of the city and draw distance could be a bit better, but overall it's all good.

TheViper

The realism of the game is just crazy to me. I remember playing some old school games and thought "wow, this is some crazy graphics. Then we have games like this where the the graphics are not only spectacular but the game play is equally impressive.

Screenager1988

Completely agree. It looks absolutely stunning on my 42 inch HDTV and at times I have to squint to tell that it's not a movie playing out in front of me.

I can't wait for it to come to PC so that it can look even better, and we can take screenshots easier.

If you guys are into screenshot photography you should check out a website called DeadEndThrills when GTA5 comes out on PC, an amazing photographer.

Chaos

Yeah the graphics are amazing even on an old console, on a PC or PS4 they would look extremely realistic. I hope that the game will be released on PC next spring so that we will all enjoy the stunning graphics.
newswire_1342100464.jpg

erronousRogue

Yeah the graphics are amazing even on an old console, on a PC or PS4 they would look extremely realistic. I hope that the game will be released on PC next spring so that we will all enjoy the stunning graphics.
newswire_1342100464.jpg

Dude, those water textures look amazing. I don't think I've ever actually seen a game that got water ripples and reflections look realistic. Maybe Skyrim, but it was highly stylized and isn't exactly "real" looking. Rockstar could make bank if they just made an XB1/PS4 version to begin with, with higher resolution textures and draw distance. This looks easily on par with the photorealistic mod for GTA4.

mevsthor

0_0.jpg

What a stunning game... If I didn't know better, I would've thought this was an actual picture from real life.
Rockstar did an amazing job on the ocean. It looks really clear and vivid. Is there anyway you could take an actual picture and place it into the design of the game? The boat looks pretty good as well but the buildings to me look like animated buildings. It did take a closer look, though.